2020 AGM/Members Forum

Not all obviously as I received no reply to a concern I had earlier in the year.

I didnā€™t have a problem with it how else were the club suppose to communicate to members when you couldnā€™t attend in person

Isnā€™t it all changing next year. the salary cap is only $100,00 meaning that each club will only have a couple of ā€œVFLā€ players, the rest is made up of our players who arenā€™t playing in the seniors and a couple of kids from our affiliated club(s)

1 Like

That was a fantastic day.

9 Likes

Ah, didnā€™t hear. Thanks.

Whatā€™s wrong with the vfl side and vfl program? the fact they perform better than the seniors is an indictment on the senior side.

Really, I thought the online AGM was pretty good. The technology and process worked well.

In what way was it difficult to watch?

1 Like

No inside info whatsoever but I can feel it in my waters that Heath Hocking will coach the magoos.

5 Likes

I doubt it. The VFL coach will come from the existing coaching panel. Soft cap for footy department will mean we canā€™t appoint another VFL coach.

Gia?

Itā€™s way better than having some one film from the back row where you couldnā€™t see or hear panel properly

Cam Roberts will coach the VFL side imo.

Firstly Iā€™ll direct you to @benfti 's post earlier. When Ben speaks about stuff like this most of us tend to listen.

Add this to what I heard yesterday that we might now be having some senior players in the Hepp age bracket on our list which we werenā€™t planning to previously, but itā€™s still so disorganised some who wanted to be involved in the program donā€™t even seem to know.

Iā€™d bet they quickly rush out a few announcements around coaches and player signings in the next few days to try to appear organised, but yep like @benfti I hear theyā€™re miles behind everyone else and not close to having any kind of squad together much less being able to train.

Box Hill posted that vision of Mitchell addressing their squad at their first training over a week ago, we donā€™t even have a coach.

Maybe theyā€™ll give it to Leigh Tudor?

Iā€™ve noticed several other clubs announcing their lists over the last few weeks and lots of our former players turning up on them, Daniel Guccione whoā€™s a good prospect the most recent to have been poached by Carlton, Fletcher Roberts and Liam McKenna by Port Melbourne - Iā€™m told that most of our good players have committed elsewhere as they couldnā€™t wait any longer to hear from Essendon and believe it was a similar story with lots of former staff and volunteers.

Christmas is a week away, any sought after people are going to have committed elsewhere by now as most clubs are already into their preseason

5 Likes

They asked Sheeds of what he has seen around the club? Asking for positive observationsā€¦

The thing he says is that he is having a lot more meetings than he was expecting, like he was complaining about people wasting time with meetings. That is not great hearing that.

Then talking about missing out on Marlon Pickett like we missed out on Dangerfield or Judd or even a Cyril Rioli. Marlon is a reasonably good footballer but he is older and would have made hardly any difference to our team, playing crap football. We need much more than Marlon. He would be good for teams like Geelong, West Coast and Port, other the Richmond. This is what I worry about Sheeds.

When the foundation is shaking, instead of concentrating on that, he is looking at a ceiling fan not working.

2 Likes

Lol I like that

6 Likes

@Darli did you offer up any questions? And if you did were you satisfied with the answers?

No @Klawdy. I was not eligible to participate this year as I didnā€™t renew my membership

1 Like

No worries. And apologies if youā€™ve mentioned that but I just skimmed through the thread.

No apologies necessary. :smile:

1 Like

My biggest fear with Essendon is the optics of talking up urgency and change to members but key decisions being made are from the same process and people. I am more optimistic on the youth and leadership of younger players than i am of EFC management so far. Whether itā€™s fair or not the signing of Mahoney just gave me pause that there was a lack of interest from quality AFL people to want to join EFC. It was a bit underwhelming the outcome for me. I wondered if we had hunted or expected much better candidates but they were simply not interested to our surprise? When Dan was fired i thought we must of had a name in place that was close to done (e.g Brad Scott ) but it seemed it was really just a sudden decision prior to a critical trade week starting. Love to be wrong and i truly hope Josh works out but how we hire and fire key operations people is still mystifying to me. But hereā€™s hoping

17 Likes