2020 Draft Watch (Part 1)

Another player that has a big decision to make between cricket and footy this year

How much has he shown to date? Still likely to go with a first round pick without playing in 2020?

5-10 range now, star player that could prove a real bargain

1 Like

Scares me a little to think that the bad Ben Holland(s) has a kid old enough to be drafted.

1 Like

Gotta love getting a head start on the next draft crop, I’ve brought up some names for 2021 with Josh Sinn and Tyler Sonsie well another for 2022 is Elijah Tsatas who played in the SSA 15s champs as a 13 year old in 2018 which is incredible. He put on a master class today and the already 186cm midfielder has Dangerfield traits in spades with his incredible speed and explosiveness but he is also light so he isn’t relying on size to dominate the level either.

5 Likes

Maurice Rioli jnr

1 Like

Well… that wasn’t boring (apart from the last goal).

1 Like

The younger brothers of Parish and Ham have been selected for the final Geelong Falcons list, Ham for this year and Parish for next year.

8 Likes

Really excited to showcase my new rankings format which I feel could look better than anyone else’s going around, should be much nicer for people to look at.

Edit: And here it is!

28 Likes

Good look.
Makes it easy to see why Alex Davies “clean hands” will be rising up the rankings on a weekly basis.

4 Likes

Looks great.

Have you given our lads a spot on your ladder yet?

I do find myself just looking for midfielders in that list. With height.

2 Likes

They are in the 30-50 bracket at the moment, a lot of the more productive mids in this draft are on the smaller side but a few clubs are trying to give their medium forward some midfield time to see how they take to it. Players like Archie Perkins and Eddie Ford.

1 Like

Will be interesting to see how the lockout affects the TAC cup.

Id expect Ford to go quite high uo the board if he shows even the slightest bit of midfield ability.

Elijah Tsatas is Judd like, can’t stress enough how good this kid is, expect him to play for Oakleigh late in the year as a 15 year old.

5 Likes

Gonna be a very interesting year for the draft if the junior competitions are abbreviated

TAC/NAB league have been abbreviated for ever!

1 Like
4 Likes