2020 Grand Final Richmond vs Geelong

Also, is there really a double chance for top 4 teams? Brisbane and Port lost once and they’re out. Geelong and Richmond also lost once and yet they’re playing off. There is no double chance if you win your first final.

In the old Final 5 system, the Top side would rest Week 1, then rest again if they won the Semi.

Port and Brisbane just weren’t good enough.

2 Likes

Finals arent fair anyway. It just gives a lower team a chance to defeat a higher placed team for the GF.
Whoever is on top at the end of the regular season should be winners, as is the case in most football comps around the world.

To do that, you need to play everyone twice.

American sports don’t play everyone twice hence why they have finals.

1 Like

The AFL is so compromised it’s not funny. The comp itself is a joke and totally unfair in soooo many ways.

2 Likes

Put another way, the minor premier has failed to make the grand final 3 consecutive years now. That has never happened before in vfl-afl history.

Only one has it happened in 2 consecutive years, the massive port chokes in the early 2000s

In fact, minor premier failing to make the gr has only happened 17 times in vfl-afl history

The bye has definitely changed the game

1 Like

I would rather Geelong win, but Richmond will beat them comfortable imo

Want Cats to win, and they will

2 Likes

That would be because they won the first week and have no need for the double chance. The reward for winning is to have a week off, that is a fair trade off.

Er, I think being eliminated from the finals after ONE loss shows they did need a double chance. And they also had a week off before the finals started, along with all the teams who didn’t earn the double chance.

This Hubris, is he a midfielder? What pick will he cost us?

3 Likes

I believe you’re talking about Demis Hubris.
Distant relation to Demis Roussos.

According to him, he can play anywhere.
And, to answer the second question, more than he’s worth.

As long as it’s not Carlton, Collingwood and Hawks winning, I’m happy it’s 2 Vic teams in the GF. Vic teams have had the hardest COVID fixtures out of all teams, so for both Tigers and Cats to make the GF is a real credit to them both.

Want Geelong to win. Want Trent Cotchin to cry

8 Likes

Early this year I was going to regard whoever won this years GF as a pretend premiership and give them zero credit. But considering the two sides in the GF are Victorian who have had to do it the hard way without any home games and in a season where every club played each other once, I’m changing my mind a little bit. Unless of course I run into a smug fan of whoever wins the premiership in which case I’ll say it’s about as credible and brag worthy a Wizard Homes Loans Cup pre season premiership.

1 Like

I don’t want to live in a world where Dangerfield has a premiership. I’d rather 10 x Leon Davis premierships.

1 Like

Post reported

Tigers will win because their entry into the forward line is chaotic. Geelong work to a system so they can be picked off.

Why ?
Don’t ALL great players have a bit of FIGJAM about them ?
The supreme confidence that flirts with arrogance is what makes them great.

If anyone deserves a chance to show their wares on the biggest stage, it’s Danger after the number of Elite seasons he’s had.

3 Likes

Apparently a slight chance of showers on the night.
Richmond will be hoping for rain, Geelong that it stays dry.

1 Like