2020 Grand Final Richmond vs Geelong

List of AFL/VFL seasons where both grand finalists have lost a finals match prior to the grand final:

1 Like

Cats in an absolute pillaging please.

2 Likes

Go the cats. Hope they clean up Richmond big time

1 Like

Any thoughts on the low scoring prelims?

Will it be a low scoring game next week as well?

EFA
A decent coach would have had several flags by now. Chris Scott took over the easiest job in football and has done a “Leon Cameron” with them

Fark the Duckers.

Fark the Tuggers.

Hope an asteroid hits the GABBA halfway through the 3rd qtr. Could not care less.

4 Likes

Disgraceful comment

Why wait until 3/4 Time :joy:

6 Likes

Geelong footy vs Richmond rugby style. Go Geelong!

Not sure who will win, but Geelong will get more players over the off season and probably win a few flags in next 5 years. Say what you like these are the two best run clubs in the competition by a fair way at the moment.

4 Likes

Gave us? Turn it up!

Gillon reacting to the first Interstate Grand Final in history…but with two Victorian teams

4 Likes

This week off before the start of the finals really hurts the winners of the qualifying finals…

You really don’t want to go into a prelim with one game in 3 weeks.

Bye has to go.

2 Likes

Couldn’t be any more meh.

This flag will come with an * anyway

I don’t know why everyone seems to hate Geelong and Richmond. I quite like both of them and I only wish that we played as well as they do. I’m picking Geelong, simply because they looked so strong last night. Hopefully it will be a great game and not ruined by whatever “entertainment” is planned to go with it.

2 Likes

Richmond have been nothing short of pig headed arrogant this year and have gone along like everything they do dont stink. Nothing would make me happier than to see someone belt Lynch and see Cotchin cry

3 Likes

To be fair, brissy weren’t up to it v the cats and i don’t think jd would make it any different for them, but that treand turn around really needs to be looked at. 1 game in 3 weeks is hurting the top sides

It’s a valid point and just smacks of the AFL making knee-JERK decisions, all because a couple of teams decided to rest players. Having the bye before the finals takes away the advantage the team gets for winning the first final.

The only reason North rested all those players was because it was a dead rubber, they couldn’t change positions on the ladder after round 23 so they rested them. How many times will that happen in 20 years?

Yep.

Hubris is strong.

I 100% agree it needs to go.

You cannot roll into a prelim with one game in 3 weeks.