2020 Round 3 non-Essendon (der) games - 17 cooked clubs for $9.95

Just can’t let the smelling salts incident go, can you.

1 Like

Tempted to have a little bite of the $2.50 for the hawks

1 Like

Omeara is in. Good player that bloke.

Adelaide.

Rowell is young, he will have off days.

Sloane BOG

Maybe, not sure if the Dogs have the essingtons at the SCG.

They might have their ■■■■ together by then.

Richmond will account comfortably for Hawthorn. Not a blowout, close enough without really being threatened.
Hawthorn will be the oldest side to take the field in VFL/AFL history tonight.

How’s that rebuild going…

3 Likes

That’s some stat!! Where did you get it from?

Was a topic of convo today on SEN, think it’s from Jay Clark in the Hun.

1 Like

Wow legit?

Ok now im biting at the 5.50 for Richmond 40+

1 Like

They ain’t going for a rebuild. Topping up with mediocre players from other clubs to have one last crack in the next year or two before the senior players retire and Clarko leaves Mitchell to inherit a steaming pile of ■■■■ list that will be bottom 4 for several years

5 Likes

They’re not even close to a crack at it. Clarko gone in 2 years. Good luck to whoever inherits that basket case.

But that would have been Clarko’s thoughts. Bring in Wingard, Scully, Patton and a few others to try and keep them around the mark until the senior blokes all retire. With a bit of luck they would’ve been aiming to play finals in 2019,20,21 perhaps and anything can happen from there.
After that they fall off the cliff

they are fkd

wingard is a soft front runner

fark hawthorn

2 Likes

I never understood why they went after Wingard. Soft, front-running seagull. He’s done nothing since 2014, just like Port. Hawthorn had to part with Ryan Burton, who was one of the Hawks best young players, and Pick 15 (ended up Pick 18 after FA compo and draft day bidding), which ended up being Xavier Duursma. Port have made out like bandits in that trade. They gave up a lot for O’Meara the previous season, and whilst he’s a good player he’s a long way from the dynamic, explosive midfielder in his first 2 seasons with the Suns. They traded a first round pick to get Tom Mitchell, which is a hit given he has won a Brownlow, but all the way through that they haven’t had the early access to draft picks that they need with their list as it is. They’d be in an eminently better position if they still had Burton and if they’d drafted Duursma themselves…

2 Likes

Scully and Patton for effectively nothing is decent recruiting.

Cut seasoned club champions eg:hodge, roughhead.

The hawks are doing ok. And with clarko and their record, won’t find it hard to bring in more talent.

Their “down” is nothing like most if not all other clubs.

More flags per year since their inception than anyone else. Lets be honest here, we hate Hawthorn because they are good.

(up until 20 years ago the same was said about us… Now our clubs a nuffie club, focused on blockbusters/puppet shows instead of winning premierships).

They wanted Shiel badly and when that fell in a hole I think Clarko just had to have a shiny new toy no matter the cost so Wingard was it

2 Likes

They also nearly collapsed 5 years after the end of their dynasty in 91.

And it’s all entirely irrelevant in the new AFL. Having to past glories and entitlement is half the reason we suck so ■■■■■■■ much and the entire reason Carlton are a basket case.

1 Like

It sure as hell wouldn’t have felt irrelevant to me if I’d have seen 4 Bomber premierships in my lifetime vs the 1 I’ve actually seen*

–> Not counting the Hawks 91 flag or Bombers 93 flag when I was one and three respectively.

The “talent” wanting to join the Dawks is getting noticeably more B list each year.
For example, the trend line goes;
Mitchell
O’Meara
Wingard
Henderson
Busted Patton.

The mystique has well and truly worn off.

2 Likes