It’s back for season 2021! The tipping competition with a difference. No need to pick your tips week by week - you pick them all before the season starts!
Now in its 15th year, From Long Range (FLR) is a competition available exclusively to all Blitzers. Originally conceived and run by Mero, FLR provides you with something to do in the off season/lockdown, as well as an interest during the season no matter how the Bombers are going.
After last year’s ■■■■ show of a season, I was having doubts about running this competition again, but it seems to bring some of you pleasure so here we are. Let’s hope this year works out better for football and this comp!
Past winners include:
2011 Red Rover / Plugs
2019 swoodley, samwoods, Cyberbomber
Last year’s prize was a 2003 team signed jumper which @Yossarian won by a single tip. This year’s prize has once again come from the BomberMcVeigh memorabilia dungeon. It’s a team signed 2004 Heritage jumper that was allocated to Jason Laycock, with his number 26 sublimated on the back along with his signature. He is a tall boy so this jumper is a 3XL!
Most of you know how it goes, but for those who don’t, here are the rules and instructions:
- You must be a BomberBlitz member to play.
- Download the entry spreadsheet from here FLR 2021 - Your Blitz Name.xls
- Rename the file with your BomberBlitz name.
- Select the predicted winner (or draw) for each of the 198 matches of the season. Note: You may have to “Enable Editing” to be able to make your picks.
- Email your entry to BomberMcVeigh @ Gmail.com (without the spaces). Give it about 24 hours to be processed as I’m not checking that inbox too often.
- You must do all of this BEFORE Thursday 18th March 2021, 19:25 (start of the season) Any entries received after this time will be ignored.
- Any games that you don’t select a winner for will be assumed to be the AWAY team.
- Only one entry per Blitzer, including those with multiple personas.
- In the event of a tie, all winners will be recognised in the honour roll however due to the uniqueness of the prize, there will be a countback for the prize winner with the tipper with the most "9"s, “8”'s etc. being the winner.
- Darren Bewick
- Any complaining or correspondence will probably be ignored.
- Entries will be recorded in this opening post as they have been processed.
- Anybody who wants their “ladder” can request that in their entry email.
- Progressive results will be published after each round in this thread.
That’s it. Any other rules I have forgotten will be made up as required.
Go for it!
2021 Entry List (46)