2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Footscray

Having x2 2 weeks rests will come back to bite the Dee’s. They’ve already played their grand final last night.

The Dogs get to freshen up and not only have a midfield with ~7 A graders, they have 2 tall forwards in great form.

Stefan Martin will try knock Gawn out because if they nullify him, the Dee’s are cooked

2 Likes

im team not bulldogs. ■■■■ them.

3 Likes

Hate the way Bulldogs play with their constant dropping to the knees and flopping around the field. I like the way Melbourne play and will always have a soft spot for Pig Hibberd.

Go Dees.

7 Likes

Tipped this over a month ago

Gil always gets the “result that we need”.

Fkg rigged “competition”

5 Likes

Or the 2 best sides made it.

Dogs dropped off a little when we beat them and the Hawks beat them, but the Dogs and Demons have looked the best sides for most of the year.

Geelong looked pretty good, Port and Brisbane looked flaky, Sydney got ahead of themselves and Essendon and GWS didn’t belong.

10 Likes

Don’t lie

LOL

4 Likes

Interesting matchup. Both teams have decent midfields, but proably give the edge to Melbourne because of Gawn. Melbourne’s defense of May (if his hamstring’s ok) and Lever will be an interesting matchup on Naughton. I’d probably give the edge to Melbourne’s forwardline of Brown, McDonald, and Fritsch over WB’s backline. Should be a good match.

Who would you prefer to win?
  • Melbourne
  • Western Bulldogs

0 voters

Now that’s a Koch head if ever I saw one

3 Likes

The Grand Final has been played…

and County Tyrone won!

Nothing more to see here. Shut it down.

14 Likes

This sums it up for me. Fark the Dogs!

2 Likes

Who the ■■■■ is voting for Footscray?

I can’t remember two such overwhelming preliminary final performances. I watched Melbourne on Friday and my only concern was that they were playing so well I thought that they might have been playing their Grand Final two weeks too early. But then Footscray came out last night and did exactly the same thing.

These two teams have been neck and neck all season. Melbourne have been consistently outstanding and deserved to finish on top of the ladder, even if it took a kick after the siren in the last game of the year to get them there. Footscray were also outstanding all year and were on top of the ladder five weeks out from the end of year; then they had a drop in form and finally finished fifth. Last night proved that the drop in form is well and truly over.

Melbourne beat Footscray during the regular season quite convincingly. They got on top early and didn’t let Footscray in at all. Maybe they’ll do it again; but I think the Dogs will be ready for them this time.

The week off will be good for both teams. They will reset, let the bruised bodies heal, and they’ll be ready to go. I expect both teams to rip into each other from the first bounce and for it not to let up until the very end. I slightly hope Melbourne win but it could go either way. Should be a fantastic game.

7 Likes

Hope Demons belt them. Can’t stand the Umpire love-in the Bulldogs get, lop-sided competition.

5 Likes

Who cares - EFC not playing. Don’t know if I will even bother to watch it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

■■■■ Western, simply cannot abide by that no mark, cheating, westie no fans version of Hawthorn, stain of a club.

Compared to the filth, the scum and those Punt Rd subhumans, I’ll live with this

Dees comfortably.

They will tag Libba

haven’t watched any footy since we lost.
except for some tyrone highlights.

sad seeing dogs go so well given we had their measure first half of the final.

it will be nice for dees fans to win. Plus Hibberd if he gets a game.
imagine afl would want a dees drought breaking win too.

free kick stat will be interesting at the end of the day given the arm chair ride dogs usually get.