2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Footscray

Remember the umpires last time the dogs made the Grand Final, its going to be unwatchable.

Hope demons belt them to take the influence of the umpires out of it.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting with two teams trying to get the ball on the ground.

Yes I do.

1 Like

Let’s all just remember that it’s not being played at the MCG and therefore it’s not a real premiership. Put a huge asterix beside it like last year. Then also add 2016, and 2013 - 2015 while we’re at it as all four years were compromised by you know what.

1 Like

1991 at Waverley is another that doesn’t count as a real Grand Final.
I mean, Hawthorn vs West Coke, Angry Anderson and the bat mobile, a parade of Ford Capris, and Paul Dear winning the Norm Smith are clear signs it was a reality TV event instead of an actual football game.

4 Likes

AwFuL tampering with the competition has been going on for much longer than that. - Possibly since at least 2001.

3 Likes

1990 wasn’t real because of a drawn game that should have had extra time in week 1. 2010 can be discounted because of a draw that should have had extra time. Collingwood and the dogs still haven’t won a proper premiership since the 50s

1 Like

Q. Will the medical sub rule be abused in the GF.

YES

If Melbourne fail to win would it go down as one of the biggest finals disappointments of the last two decades?

The whole year has been about them and they have absolutely dominated the finals series.

The midfield match up it quite something.

Oliver - McRae
Petracca - Bont
Viney - libba
Harmes - Dunkley
Langdon - Hunter
Brayshaw - Treloar
Spargo - Smith

Not saying those guys will match up on each other.

Where the Dees have a huge advantage is gawn and Jackson v Martin and English. I think their backline is also much stronger.

1 Like

It would be the biggest umpire rort since the Bulldogs’ last premiership.

Sure, they were on the side of good then, but let’s not pretend it didn’t happen, or that it hasn’t been happening this year.

1 Like

Only if the margin is severe.
The WB’s are a very good side and there has to be a loser.

3 Likes

I said similar after the EF.
it’ll be a melb v dogs granny cos optics and narratives. it’s a good “story” to sell hope and dreams to other struggling clubs, look melbourne won one after 50 odd years, dogs potentially 2 in 5 years after 50 odd year drought.

I had predicted after 2017 and richmonds flag that either melbourne or the saints would be next.
If melbourne get up, saints next flag won’t be too far around the corner.

2 Likes

Amen.

They haven’t won for nearly 60 years. Cannot understand how them winning could be one of the biggest finals disappointments (unless you barracked for the dogs I guess)

1 Like

I said if they fail to win.

2 Likes

Hot Dogs

You talk total crap sometimes. Quite a lot in fact.

3 Likes

anyone on here know any doggies or dees fans who could spare me 2 barcodes?

willing to pay for both. PM me if you do :slight_smile: