Wins Crichton? McGrath
Kicks most goals? Tippa
Most improved? BZT
Best Rookie? ???
Best trade in: Caldwell
Back in form: Stringer
Best senior debut: Jones
Ladder finish: 8th

Nice piece of marketing from the club. Appreciate the insight. I’m wondering whether the club would have taken McDonald or Hollands had they been available? Probably. Either way, we can be pretty happy with the potential the 5 boys have clearly demonstrated

1 Like

the draft discussion bit had the vibe of at least a 3 hour meeting.

1 Like

Not looking far off it!

I didn’t get too many other predictions right bar Heppell returning to form though

Holy moley…CJohns need to change his name to “The Oracle”.

6 Likes

Haha well played Sir :clap::clap::clap:

Thoroughly fair to be gloating about this.

I did not see this coming off the back of the hit to our personnel and the stench around the culture that existed at the end of last year.

Rutten, the assistant coaches, the recruiting team and the senior leaders in the playing group deserve massive plaudits for what they’ve done this season. Like probably the majority on here I had us in the bottom 4 mix and I’m very happy to be wrong!

1 Like

pfft, look where he has us on the ladder, pfft amateur :rofl: :rofl:

There’s a trope on here that most people thought we’d finish bottom four.
Just had a skim back through the first 50 posts on here.
Many, even a majority, of the early posters had us in the 8.
(Including myself - but hey.)

So there’s a bit of good vibes to be quietly shared around, knowing there’s so many knowledgeable Blitzers out there.

I was almost there!!!

2 Likes

Me too and I am more than happy to be wrong about where I thought would end up at the end of the season. Go Bombers its all open grassland from hereon.

it is pretty ■■■■■■■ impressive I will admit. tis generally why you’re one of a handful of peoples opinions I actually value/respect on here, even if it doesn’t necessarily come across that way.

3 Likes

If Coll beat us by 100, it could still happen :rofl:

1 Like

I doubt that will happen. I think we have the chance to free wheel this game.

Those are mine.

Re most improved, I picked Redman, and I also said that I didn’t agree with Parish for most improved because I thought he was damn good already. In fact I think Laverde is an absolute shoo-in for most improved; he’s transformed from a very fringe, constantly injured forward into an outstanding defender. I don’t think there’s a forward in the league who would look forward to playing on him.

I was pretty pessimistic about ladder position. I didn’t have any faith in Ben Rutten. More fool me.

2 Likes

Laverde is most improved for me. Its where he has come from to now… i think top 7 in importance to the side make up

3 Likes

Absolutely, gone from the scrapheap to one of most important players.

2 Likes

No idea….except 8th

Let’s take a look at how I went predicting this year…

meh

1 Like

Take a look at this post in Dec almost spot on