2021 Predictions for EFC

Injuries like the last 20 years and maggots treating us like this year - bottom 4.

Better injury run - i.e. continuity - and a fair go from maggots - Top 8.

Don’t care about the rest. No “I” in Team.

2 Likes

Can’t argue with any of that. Perfection.

I predict a 1 - 7 start… yikes that’s a rough draw.
12th finish
Tippa leading goal kicker
7 trade demands
2 retirements
Zerrett B&F
Draft the next big player the comp had ever seen

We finish 16th and draft the best available at pick #3 who is a 6’5" CHF.

1 Like

Will those who say we are going to be good admit they were wrong when we are ■■■■?

1 Like

Wins Crichton: McGrath
Kicks most goals: Stringer
Most improved: Parish
Best Rookie: Perkins
Best trade in: 2mp
Back in form: Smith
Best senior debut: Cox
Ladder finish: 10th

Look, we were royally awful in 2020. But when it clicked, it really worked.

The dwindling Worsfold, heart a million miles from Windy Hill, was clearly in check out mode. Rutten was no doubt keeping it all on the straight and narrow and surely took steps to not rock the boat. Injury upon injury from before the season even started. Hub life, McKenna’s issues, Joe lingering in the background. There are so many reasons why 2020 was utterly forgettable for us to a greater degree than many other clubs.

Despite that, we did have some decent games and did show what could happen when everyone was on the same page.

We will be better in every way in 2021. How much better is still the question. Decent draw, providing we can get through the first tough five or six weeks without too much mental damage. The run home is almost as good as it gets.

Ridley, McGrath, Parish, Draper represent real organic growth. I expect better seasons from Walla, Stringer, a fit Stewart and a focused and injury free Laverde.

Hooker and Hurley will dig deep and provide stability while the younger defenders learn their craft.

A lot to look forward to and with any luck, a season where real progress is obvious.

2 Likes

The filth @$14
Hogans Heros @$17
The scum @$34
:laughing::rofl::rofl:
That’s optimism

Mark Williams would have been terrific for us even as an assistant.

Essendon should be $1000 minimum.

1 Like

What do you guys prefer

A season with 4 or 5 wins but a top 3 draft pick as reward

Or

A season with 10 wins revealing real improvement although we just miss the finals and end up without a Top 3 pick.

Top 3 draft pick

6 Likes

In your second scenario are we getting plenty of games into the kids?

To be honest I don’t mind either scenario providing we play the kids and give them opportunity to develop.

3 Likes

Wins Crichton? McGrath
Kicks most goals? 2MP
Most improved? Francis
Best Rookie? Perkins
Best trade in: Caldwell
Back in form: Smith
Best senior debut: Jones
Ladder finish: 10th

One thing that really bummed me out was beating Collingwood this year but it not being on Anzac day due to covid.

I think we’ve only beat Collingwood three times in the last 14 years on anzac day.

So next year we really need to pump these arseholes to start getting our numbers back up. Right now its 15 - 9 with one draw collingwoods way.

I dont think a game of footy has hurt as much as 2019s anzac day robbery.

1 Like

It will probably still cost us Zach , but I’d take the top 3.

1 Like

Far and away the 10 win season, assuming it’s driven by our younger brigade

not making any assumptions but like you, would like to see some more games for younger players where justified.

1 Like

Thats ok because Zac will probably land us pick 4.

Two top 5 picks in a midfielder draft after 3 top 10 picks last year where were got some KPD.

1 Like
2 Likes