2021 Retirements and Delistings

Add to the ranga brigade? And he’s ranga-ier than most.

Tobe Watson

2 Likes

It’s always interesting when a young player plays the last couple of games of the season and still end ups delisted - as is the case with Tobe Watson. He played 11 games for the season including the last 2 and 3 of the last 4.

EFA

1 Like

I don’t want any of them.
But I’d guess someone will gamble on Naish.
Bewley has a very good kick. Speed isn’t great and his endurance isn’t great. He’d fit into Hawthorns team around 5 years ago very well. Not sure there’s a team like that right now though.
Both are above VFL standards, but not good enough for AFL.

There ya go Stefan Giro small forward, sorted!

Giro? That’s a type of kebab?

3 Likes

You are :joy::joy:

North have given the tijuana to Taylor Garner, Will Walker, Dom Tyson and Conor Menadue.

Tyson was a big fail…drafted top 5 IIRC by GWS. Traded to Melbourne, then offloaded to North.
Garner kicked 3 against us IIRC but horribly injury-prone.

1 Like

Tyson promised a lot. Menadue played in at least one of the Tigers’ premiership sides?

I’m pretty sure GWS trading Dom Tyson to Melbourne landed them the pick used for Josh Kelly, too.

I’m sure Melbourne are now only dreaming of being able to compliment OIiver and Petracca with someone like Josh Kelly.

4 Likes

Wonder if they will re-rookie Garner.
Probably AFL level talent if he can actually get on the park.

Nope Menadue didn’t

3 Likes

It doesn’t get much worse than managing just 49 games in 9 years in the system. That’s horrific.

Unlike some journeyman ruckman who sometimes amass similar tallies, Garner has almost exclusively missed games to injury, not on talent.

3 Likes

For 5 hot minutes it actually looked like a great trade by Melbourne.

GWS on-traded pick 20, but it effectively ended up Darcy Gardiner & Josh Kelly, for Dom Tyson and Christian Salem

Salem had a fantastic year this year, better than Kelly’s.

One of footys great survivors Sam Reid has been delisted again by GWS. Lost count of how many delistings and retirements this bloke has had.

4 Likes

Doesn’t help that I then see Sam Reid playing for Sydney and get even more confused

1 Like

It’s a type of Souvlaki actually.

2 Likes

He had the chance of a 2 year contract with us last year.
I like to think we still would have got Hind.
Put Houli in that final instead of Gleeson. would we have been a chance to defeat the dogs, or even just win more games throughout the year?

Probably not. While Weightman giving them some momentum didn’t help, once their mids starting flexing their muscles a bit, game was dusted anyway. That’s not a sleight against our mids either, the Dogs have an insanely powerful midfield group and we aren’t there just yet.

When that was mentioned last year, I was all for it as we (a) lacked experienced half-backs and (b) wanted to learn a Richmond style system, which Houli could have assisted with. But looking back, think it’s better long term that we committed to playing Hind and giving Cutler a run as a half-back.

2 Likes