2021 round 1 vs Hawks - level-headed review

Hopefully we learn from our mistakes and kick it long into the forward line next week.

2 Likes

A shambles, felt like I’ve said that for the past fifteen odd years. Sickening being at the ground.

2 Likes

Nothin

Just enjoy it.

So did Geelong.

And Shiel will come back

Parish midfield Shiel forward. We look so much better when Parish attends centre bounces. I’ve had enough of Shiel’s efforts in the middle.

4 Likes

Francis is soft we know that he won’t make it

Can someone tell me how a club that has done so poorly for 20 years can get complacent at half time no matter what the score?

2 Likes

[quote=“Klawdy, post:211, topic:21673, full:true”]

1 pick aint gonna change anything, no matter how good they are

1 Like

What rubbish what about Crows? They have a younger team than ours and manged to beat Geelong comfortably

4 Likes

Come on carnts, calm yourselves. We are a laughing stock of the competition currently. We will come good one day. Its been what 17 years since we where fairly good? Give it another 10!

So this finals streak lets go for 10000 days aye lads?

Tha f**k is with Jones goal kicking. What did he miss, 5 gettable shots on goal?

• Cox looked like he could be a future star. Liked what he was able to do tonight.

• Jones looks good, too. I reckon once he settles into the AFL he’ll start sorting out that goal kicking.

• Cahill played better than I was expecting in defense. Not bad for a small forward playing his 3rd(?) AFL game.

• Caldwell was great apart from some scrubby kicks. Incredibly good in close on numerous occaisions.

• Sammy Draper. He’s going to be an absolute star.

Pretty solid games from the kids. We won’t be any good this year, but I think most of us knew that. The future is bright, though.

12 Likes

Again. Still.

1 Like

I think that’s generous.

Shiel is a front runner who looks good when the team is on top and goes completely to water when they need him to stand up.

1 Like

Nooooo you see we were going to win the flag in 2013 until we were told we’re not allowed to play finals and that’s why we ■■■■■■ our pants in the last half of the season. And that’s why it’s the sagas fault.

Or something.

1 Like

You know one thing merritt he won’t be there next year,you can’t blame him ,for going to another team like Richmond, he’s getting sick of time playing in the bottom side ,and Essendon only appoint coaches who have no idea and are brain dead and can’t coach ,Rutten is another worforld ,wait to we play Bulldogs and they will kick 20 goal straight and Rutten will just sits there like a deer in headlights

40.points up half time nothing level about it

I nearly cashed in but knowing us glad I didn’t

[quote=“primmer1978, post:227, topic:21673, full:true”]

Oh well. You’re screwed then because you ain’t gonna get any joy this year.

WTF!!! WE LOST??

I was at a dinner and checked the scores at half-time. We were up by 40!!!

WTF happened??

1 Like