2021 round 10 vs Norf - game review

I hope he gets two weeks. You watch: he’ll have a week off for his ankle anyway, so what’s the point of a one-week suspension ?

22 Likes

Did you read what I said? Do you know how to read stats instead of seeing a bigger number… ???

I love this opening passage of play leading to our first goal. Not a single North player touched the ball.
Phillips → Parish → Merrett → Jones → Perkins → McGrath → Hooker

Except for Hooker, that there is our future.

12 Likes

Just watched the replay, … 2 minutes left in the Last QTR, and Huddo says re: Heppel, .“He’s had such a presence this year as a Leader”, … and I realised that that was the first time I’d actually noticed him all game… :thinking:

8 Likes

I was the same as you, yet he had 26 possessions at 92% efficiency and 11 marks. Just quietly going about it.

5 Likes

I love the temperament of the first and second year players at the club now.

Archie, Cox and Harry Jones all seem quite level headed and calm, nothing seems to faze them. They never drop their heads when they make a mistake, they’re just onto the next contest. Score a goal, celebrate it briefly, back to business straight away. None of this show pony stuff that we used to see from some recently departed players who liked to think it was all about them. These three are as well balanced individuals as you’re ever likely to witness.

Future’s in great hands with these kids and the Big Truck and his coaching panel.

8 Likes

Just noticed when we came out after half time and had the team huddle, they had the doctor in there as well.

Is that usual for the medical staff to be part of the team huddle? :joy:

Taking hope one step further, from the match day thread…

Damn that was close.

Too many Blitzers over rated Norf after their win last week, and doubt the resolve of this team now. This team is building into something a bit special, enjoy the ride, the thrills and the spills.

2 Likes

The worst television of all time. Any genre.

Hind does sneaky stuff

Rivalry?

Revelry.

3 Likes

You can make an argument Ridley is the best 1 on 1 player in our side.

He has been lauded in the past for 3rd man up intercept marks but this year he has actually “defended” outstandingly well. The mids get the plaudits but I think Ridley is our best player.

Also, I can’t remember a game this year where Hind has been beaten on the day by his opponent.

3 Likes

Hind is phenomenal. His hit-ups to into attack and nailing that final kick are sublime. He can seriously play and is well passed the curious novelty phase of a new(ish) shiny toy- he is a weapon and critical to our ball movement.

13 Likes

Lol…and he turned it over. That was funny.

2 Likes

No. 30 for North any relation?

Great win…72 points is nothing to scoff at. The speed we play with and the the way we attack is awesome.

Everything seems great. But just quietly, we lost:

• Inside 50s count

• Clearance
    - stoppage clearance
    - centre clearance

• Contested marks

• One Percenters

• Won the contested possession count by one.

They are bottom of the ladder side. There is a lot more to improve on.

2 Likes

Nervous at 3/4 time? Were you getting married?

7 Likes

I thought Redman’s defensive effort to take down his opponent in the goal square was play of the day.

9 Likes

North autopsy thread at BF is a good read lots of salty kents and calling us a downhill skiing side

They hate losing to us :rofl:

5 Likes