2021 round 10 vs Norf - game review

And the season is not over

1 Like

Having a fight with your neighbour is a rivalry…having a fight with mosquitos is annoying. I have no idea why that came into my mind.

1 Like

We are starting build quite a solid backline. All are capable of winning a one on one. 5 out of the 6 are very good overhead marks. Some pretty good kickers down their too

1 Like

Hind is never BeHind

1 Like

He told them that Norf were a chance to win the game.

2 Likes

That punch was as accidental as when Ali knocked out Foreman.

I’m am sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but what impresses me is the depth that we are starting to build, especially when players like Snelling, Phillips, Guelfi, Langford can all perform a role.

Add to the mix Stringer, Hurley, Shiel, Caldwell, Draper, Smith, then we start to bat pretty deep into the order.

2 Likes

Saad is a quality player but he can be a roll of the dice at times. No doubt Hind has been a revelation. I think I may have to agree that right now, Hind is having the more impressive season of the two.

3 Likes

Hind actually defends too.

When Saad wants to lock down he’s fantastic at it, problem is because he’s a bit of a ■■■■ he doesn’t ever want to. Plus Hind is a great hand baller too, whilst Saad was ordinary in that department.

Couldn’t be happier with the result

1 Like

When males are no longer attracted to good looking females, the human race will die out.
But a more likely cause will be dwindling sperm count due to environmental chemicals.

2 Likes

Its not enough that we have to put up with Essendon doomsters, but the world too.

Perhaps. But if you watched the side on vision, his last 2 steps Goldie’s eyes are locked firmly on Wright. When he’s also missing the ball by the length of Flemington, it’s going to be pretty hard for him to argue that.

2 Likes

Goldys clenched fist on 2MP eye might be called for evidence at the MRP

1 Like

We won a lot of those stats against Carlton but lost the game by 3 goals.

the most important stat of all was not mentioned: turnovers. It is the stat you want to lose i.e. the opposition to have more turnovers than you. Turnovers killed us against Carlton.

North had a whopping 8 more turnovers than us. Therein lies the game.

1 Like

They also seem to think they’re getting pick 2 as compo lol

We looked so much the better side, but it is a deception.
We are second in the AFL for points for but 13th for points scored against. Its not sustainable against more defensively minded teams.

OK, so our defence is improving, but we really have to take a little less risk and reduce turnovers. This will become apparent as we come up against the good sides.

Bring on next Saturday. West Coast, then the following Saturday, Dreamtime.

We don’t win finals. Just another h/a game for us.

14 Likes

Cunnington played really well, up to 3 quarter time he just pushed us aside, but I got the impression that in the last quarter, the move of Langford into the middle really helped us negate his influence.

1 Like

I thought Langford had one of his better games yesterday. His work around stoppages was pretty good and his field kicking was also good. Onwards and upwards for him hopefully.

3 Likes

Agree. I’ve always thought Langford is a bit slow with decisions but he was great today. His work in the centre during the final quarter was really impressive.

3 Likes