2021 round 10 vs Norf - game review

Good day at the office.

34 Likes

You know that’s not what I meant.

How pleasing is it to see the young guys step up? 6 goals between Jones, Coxy and Archie. Surely a rising star nomination for one of them this week?

Also FOAD north

12 Likes

he just needs to let his footy do the talking for now to raise his price

1 Like

Indeed!

9 Likes

Where are all the supporters calling for Truck to be sacked before he even had a chance to coach a game in his own right. We are on the right track. Love the Truck.

39 Likes

Ahead of Fark Carlton. Good weekend.

12 Likes

Great weekend. Collingwood lose by 1 point, we thrash tassies next team, Richmond lose and are 9th at the end of the round.

Gonna have a beer to celebrate.

4 Likes

Langford great in the middle last qtr

13 Likes
  • Kicked over 20 goals (22) for the second time this year.
  • Kept them to 10, quite content with this.
  • Their midfield (which was very close to full strength) which blitzed Hawthorn last week looked pretty second rate against ours this week.
  • 6, 5, 4 & 7 goal quarters = consistent.
  • Did what a developing/good side should do against the bottom couple of teams = started well and didn’t give them a sniff.
  • Lots of good players to come back.
  • No finals this year (we really don’t need to delude ourselves) but our future is looking seriously good, the best since the early to mid 1990s.
31 Likes

Lid definitely wobbling under a head of steam for the future!

4 Likes

Some may lament that third quarter, but the response in the last was more than enough to make up for it in my mind.

6 Likes

That was amazing. Second favourite win just behind the anzac day clash.

Perkins goal was amazing. and harrison jones is such a gem!
so much to like from this game, kicking over 20 goals feels so good!!

Parish, mcgrath and merrett were all on fire today!! Probably my favourite play of the day was mcgrath recieving the ball with an open goal, coulda easily dobbed it himself and he spotted harrison jones on his own and got him another goal. Was a selfless play and the experience for jonesy is invaluable.

Love the excitement from the kids, love the distinguisable game style, love truck, go bombers!!! what a win!!

30 Likes

That was a lot of fun.
I don’t think I’ve been as relaxed from start to finish in…gosh, I can’t even remember.

22 Likes

It was clear the players had tired and that they were trying to slow it down so they didn’t run out completely. It allowed North some shots on goal but it paid off with a blistering energy filled last 1/4.

3 Likes

Only one game out of the 8.

2 Likes

You just know we’ll Essington it up and lose to North.

1 Like

Also…HE’S A BIG CHUNKY BOI!!!

1 Like

Essendon of years gone by would have kept the 18th placed team in the game going into half time, giving them a sniff, and then lose when they would rally in the second half.

Essendon of 2021 put the 18th placed team to the sword early. Norf were always going to respond after their first half, but they barely cut into our lead. We absorbed their best punch, and then turned around and flattened them in the last.

I am so ■■■■■■■ happy for the players. They’ve worked their arses off this year, and should have atleast 3 more wins on the board. The next fortnight will be incredibly difficult for our young team, so it was vital that we finally got reward for our effort that we’ve shown the last month.

47 Likes

Nice one mate. ■■■■ the bookies

1 Like