2021 round 10 vs Norf - game review

Another game where their supporters call us soft and campaigners and another game we embarrass them. Hilarious! What a shitstain club they are. Just fold already

3 Likes

Huge game from 2MP. Could have had 4 if not come off for blood rule

Good to see Zaka back to some form. 2nd full game back

7 Likes

It’s north but wow. Putting any club to the sword is nice.

Most other sides would have made it interesting with that flat 3rd quarter by us. Not norf.

McGrath. Amazing
Parish. Brownlow level
Zach. Ditto
Wright and Jones :heart_eyes:
Coxy being Coxy
Our backline

5 Likes

Great win… solid and controlled performance. Didn’t work as hard in the 3rd but kept them at that 45pt buffer… then came home solid.

I would open up the cheque book for merrett… and I’m sure they will. However IF he decides to leave… then it won’t be the end of the world. We still have Shiel, Caldwell and Stringer to come into this midfield. Not to mention that Perkins will hopefully start demanding more time and Cox has been touted as an option. So whilst option A is clearly retaining Merrett (and I believe he will stay)… in the first time in forever I feel that even if we lost him… we would still be on the right track.

Parish is putting together a season… if he is playing for a top 4 team then Brownlow would be a weekly discussion. As it is… he will be right at the pointy end of the count at this stage I think. Just astonishing numbers and delivering on all his promise and more.

McGrath continues to fight through his niggles and I think he is playing a very team orientated game… the defensive stuff, the hard run, the outlet option… and then the classy pass to Jones to let the youngster put through his 3rd… smacks of leadership.

So much to love about our season and our list… I haven’t worried about the losses this year… but wow… if we had held on against hawks, Swans and GWS… wow… still believe this is not our year even for finals… and I think the young boys will tire… but the anticipation for next season is off the charts. I truly believe we are finally on the right path.

They say the ‘bottom 5’ decides a premiership and there is a lot to like about our bottom 5 right now. When guys like Waterman come in and kick a couple and do ‘enough’ to support the team. We are running out of whipping boys and weak links.

Literally can not wait for 2022 at this rate.

37 Likes

Lol norf

4 Likes

Our last quarter was the biggest quarter with 7 goals.

1 Like

Feels like we are doing what’s needed to lay a solid foundation for the future.

Feels like this time it’s the real thing.

6 Likes

They really do overrate their importance

34 Likes

What a flogging

Thanks for coming North we don’t give a fck about your rivalry

11 Likes

Time to take a scalp next week.

3 Likes

2MP is one of our best kicks for goal from around 50m.

2 Likes

Given how they hated us coming into this game imagine how they feel now coming out the other end of that.

9 Likes

■■■■ draft picks let’s win a final instead.

13 Likes

I forget they’re actually in the comp until we play them.

Solid performance tonight, it’s nice to feel relaxed during a game. Only been 20 years

1 Like

Nobody cares you friggin’ nuffie.
Well done on staying in the league for another year.

6 Likes

Can’t believe how shot we were. Should have smashed those mouth breathers

Most relaxing day I’ve had at the footy

7 Likes
  • North aren’t our rivals
  • Thought we gave away some cheap goals through lapses but overall our pressure was excellent
  • Parish, Merrett, Hind, McGrath all amongst our best
  • Play :clap: Parish :clap: in :clap: the :clap: middle
  • Just so satisfying to watch us run out a match and put an inferior team to the sword for once. We haven’t done so consistently since the Melbourne flogging in round 2 2013
  • Snelling is a massive improver this year. Looks far more composed and damaging with possession than he has in the past.
  • Harrison Jones is a total bae
25 Likes

First time since Sheeds was coach we have won 2 games by 70+ points in a season.

68 Likes

They actually had two or three chances to build momentum, and sprayed the set shot every time.
How can you choke when you’re forty points behind?
Losers.

1 Like