2021 round 10 vs Norf - game review

We seem to care a lot about telling North we don’t care.

6 Likes

Loved seeing Merrett singing the song then, full of gusto.

Performances like tonight (forget the opponent) are going to go a long way into him staying.

6 Likes

Make sure you share all the ones where you lose too.

2 Likes

Important we put in a good showing next week and don’t lose all that % , as long a were competitive I’ll be happy, don’t expect to win

1 Like

He enjoyed the song but took off really quick afterwards. (Just pointing it out to add some angst).

The Essendon thing to do would have been to not turn up at all today, and scrape home to victory. Or to give up the 60 point lead & win by 20 instead. We took care of business, and were pretty ruthless. Bit sloppy in the 3rd but stayed steady & kept our foot on the gas. Very professional performance.

Worried about the 6 day turn around with a flight to Perth coming up, so banking these two wins was great.

5 Likes

Because it’s annoying.
It’s like someone’s saying I’m six foot tall every time they see me.
I mean…I’m not. That’s all.

1 Like

We are on a forum with no supporters yet it’s all we talk about when speak about them. It’s fun. But there’s a rivalry there.

1 Like

there’s no special rivalry. Id like to think we have 17 rivals.

1 Like

Perth next Saturday…

Let’s prepare ourselves now.

sigh
There’s not.
There’s just no hatred for them.
Ooooh, Goldy. What a prick.
They’re a nuisance at best.

5 Likes

Noisy neighbours

3 Likes

three little things i’ve been enjoying in recent games

1 - archie perkins doesn’t leave his feet

2 - harry jones’ hustle to stand the mark for almost every mark in our forward half

3 - cale hooker’s top tier shithousery surrounding the stand the mark rule

33 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone.
If there are some who feel the same way about beating or losing to Fark Carlton or Collingwood, then cool.
I personally don’t get it.

Edit: I would note the distinct lack of ■■■■ YEAAAAAH! And, SUCK IT, JERKS! though.

1 Like

I’ve never even heard of Norff.

1 Like

Norf? That’s the direction the Eagles will fly after we bomb them next week in Round 11.

3 Likes

I cant believe it will be our 5th interstate game of the year already. FMD.

4 Likes

Do we play any interstate in the second half of the season?

Anzac Day was our grand final. This was like winning the flag then playing hungover and winning an exhibition match in London in October.

19 Likes

Anyone got a crowd figure?

1 Like