2021 trade spec (Part 4)

And yet players continue to select us even though they are contracted!

1 Like

Um don’t know what your refering to kingdon

You replied to me commenting on hills ability

I would love to keep our first and second round picks. It’s been so long since we have had both.

No but he has potential

1 Like

Yeah, the vibe I had was it was a Xavier intervention. But either way, Dodoro’s body language was extremely unhappy as the paperwork was signed.

Lobb deal has fallen through due to terms and financial, not because the clubs don’t want to do trade.

GWS tight with salary cap, even if Hill leaves. Think you will find they need to trade Hill out (or a similar priced player)

We might not even get to use our second rounder next year.

We could take Hill and Ward as a salary dump, get 1 year out of a veteran, would allow them to fit Lobb in and add a bigger body for us and make it a third/fourth rounder…

1 Like

Goodness no.

AFL article says Giants only prepared to offer a future 2nd

Sounds like the core reason is around where things sit trade wise

Doubt it’s over yet. Manager has just invoked the take away method.

Ball now back in GWS’s court. Aka stop being a kent McCartney

Hmmm where can GWS get further picks that might satisfy Freo? And free up cap space?

3 Likes

I’d trade next years first and second picks for GWS’s Pick 13 and Hill.

2 Likes

They are. They are just getting @Scorch to announce it to Blitz.

4 Likes

You gotta love Brasher’s comments about McCartney last year over the Caldwell deal but I don’t think it’s going to help up this year.

“I thought it was sour grapes and I thought it was unprofessional and it was a bit like, you know, the kid going home and crying to mum that the other kid didn’t play fair – in fact, the deal he complained about is exactly the deal he ended up doing .

“I don’t know how you explain that. I can’t.”

3 Likes

They will once they have read through the trade thread on Blitz to get our opinion on what Hill is worth.

1 Like

Brasher was responding to McCartney releasing a video having a massive go at the club though - he could hardly not say anything about it.

7 Likes

How’s the posturing from Young on Lobb $$$ that GWS pays. Bell has clearly said ■■■■ off, we aren’t paying any of Lobbs salary so go off and talk to GWS. GWS have offered something below the pay cut threshold for Lobb, so Young is now trying to blow everything up in the process. Deal gets done.

Yeah McCartney had a go first. If hes ■■■■■■ off about brasher than he only has himself to blame

I’m a little more cynical. Young has a player who wants to get back to a club with a stretched salary cap. Then he has another client (fairly sure same management company) at said club that suddenly wants out. One might pave the way for the other, but both face severe obstacles.

Might be completely unrelated.

1 Like

What number will he be wearing?

1 Like

I never understood why when a player nominates a club to move to, it’s on both clubs (especially the destination club) to make the deal happen?

Who says it has to happen?

• Do the player managers get angry and clubs don’t want player managers on the wrong side?

• Media and public perception?

• AFL public? Because I don’t really give damn if a player gets burnt?

1 Like