2022 AFL Grand Final Geelong vs Sydney

Way to kill atmosphere of the occasion, simply remove any chance for crowd/player interaction.

1 Like

It feels like one of the more low key build ups to a Grand Final - ever.

I’d probably feel different (obviously) as a Cats or Swans fan but even with it being the first GF in Melbourne in 3 years, there just seems to be something missing.

Hopefully this isn’t reflected in the contest tomorrow.

1 Like

I didn’t give it much thought, originally, but the GF eve parade is something iconically Melbourne.
It seems really odd to have changed it.

Geelong 108 points

In total or winning margin?

Margin hopefully.
just feels like Cats will destroy them.

1 Like

Cal Twomey head to head with Robbie Williams on afl.com.au, fun little interview and a bit of light entertainment which is a nice change with all thats happining this week, gives him a bombers jumper at the end, check it out if your looking for something a bit lighter.

1 Like

errrrrr

“The AFL has become a laughing stock as the annual grand final parade reached a new low on Friday in Melbourne.

The spectacle was moved from Melbourne’s CBD to the banks of the Yarra River and the Yarra Park Precinct, giving fans a chance to wave to players as they floated down the famously muddy river on barges.”

A pretty obvious Sydney bias in this article and the Tweets used but still sounds like an absolute flop.

1 Like

Yeah apparently has quite a few different jumpers, said he like Man Utd and Liverpool :crazy_face:

Did any Melb/interstate Blitzers go to the parade - your thoughts?

Yes, also the standard motorcade.

@Diggers Sydney for the win

I see “My Boy Maxy Holmes” was declared fit and selected. Good on him.

Cats by 37. Cameron for the NS.

Sydney by 13 points, Selwood, Dangerfield, Hawkins all crying

1 Like

Sydney by 22. Will Haywood to kick the first goal. And Thomas hickey to win Norman. Cause geelongs rucks are ■■■■■

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

When was last time a team in the grand final won by 108 points or more

Geelong by 47 points. Stewart Norm Smith. First goal: Hawkins.

Cats by 33. Guthrie Norm, First Goal big Bud

1 Like