2022 BBFL#2 Draft Discussion

Discuss the picks taken here.

1 Like

Pick 1 has been taken. Welcome Nick Daicos to the Smooth Criminals! @The_Ant you’re up!

3 Likes

Josh Ward! Whhoot.

@TrevorBix

You’re next.

3 Likes

@TrevorBix picked JHF

I picked Callaghan.

@Saladin next.

@trotters is up

Good get with Rachele at 5. Should keep his forward status.

Is Trotters Fogdog?

2 Likes

Very pleased.

Rozee, Kosi, Rachele. Gonna be a lively setup.

1 Like

Yes @Trotters is the poster formerly known at fogdog.

2 Likes

Just thinking. Sorry didn’t expect to be my pick so quickly.

Ha! I tried to look him up to ask for his pick 5 but couldn’t find him. Lesson Learnt.

It was a tough call between Callaghan and Rochelle.
In the end it just came down to who was the pure mid and who could bank points.
My worry was he becomes an Ben Ainsworth or Devon Smith but his upside he could be Toby Green.

2 Likes

Callaghan’s a very good prospect, but you’ll need some patience with early GWS mids, that’s all. I didn’t get much footy from Hopper in the first year or so. Tom Green still can’t get a permanent midfield spot.

2 Likes

Yeah thought of all that. Hoping some of the older boys drop off quicker than we think!

All great picks though and great to watch. After the top 3 there really is a blanket over the next 4 or 5.

3 Likes

Next Pick at 12 is going to be quite reactionary. I’ve got 3 players in mind and hope 1 of them is available by that selection.

How good is this!

It really gives you an insight in to what clubs go through. The only thing that works against us is our alliance to EFC. I wanted Hobbs at 4 but couldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Sorry about the delay, bloody work phone calls.

back to you.

Note: Ellis-yolmen = NICK MARTIN

1 Like

Wow. You’ve left chips on the table.

I was going to go with Martin at 19. Can understand the rationale of picking him early. I think he will be very good.

2 Likes