2022 Draft Watch (Part 1)

Harley Reid.

1 Like

Maynard has resigned with the Pies. The free agent pool is even smaller now.

1 Like

I think we’d prefer Davey in the squad, rather than Munkara

Good. Hopefully he fly’s under the radar and we get him for a 4th round pick.

I’d resign from Collingwood too.

6 Likes

I hope Davey is the no.1 pick…. I couldn’t give a sh*t about points.

It just means his development is coming along really really well.

1 Like

our boy

1 Like

Only if nobody picks him in the top 40.

Unless it’s us taking him in the top 40

Do you think Munkara is a lock to be taken inside 40?

Nobody’s a lock 12 months out. But being selected in the academy squad says someone’s thinking along those lines.

A handful are but they are your Rowell’s, Daicos’s, Phillips’s. Hell any gun Oakleigh bottom ager is usually a guarantee to be drafted :joy: certainly no guarantees but I would guess atleast half of those players listed get drafted/top 40.

No but I would have a better idea watching him play against better oppo.

3 Likes

Do you know if he will be playing in the school system in SA?

Ideally his exposure would be better limited for us presumably more off Broadway in the NT?

Being part of the academy he will get to play the annual game against a VFL side? It will be very hard to limit his exposure next year

Thanks. I guess unless he’s doesn’t fit.

This change in rules frustrates me tbh.

The way the NGA bidding was this year was the correct way imo. I would have thought Top 40 unprotected bids just decentivise clubs to even throw resources at the academies.

4 Likes

Yes just annoying that it changes as we are about to benefit. Dogs get a no 1 pick from it and north a top 10 pick. So unfair.

2 Likes

Yep! Though Melbourne might have a greater grievance than us missing out on Mac Andrew.

The top 40 thing was a complete overreaction from the AFL.

6 Likes

Pretty sure he is playing at West Adelaide next year so would juggle SANFL U18’s with school footy and perhaps push for a senior spot

1 Like