2022 season ladder - Bidzy's early prediction

Haha nice!

That’s assuming the grouping is random.
And if footy was genuinely random then teams like Gold Coast & Norf wouldn’t exist.

Who’s your top 8 old mate? @Laverde2Langford

Top 8
Dees
Port
Lions
Dons
Sydney
Geelong
GWS
Richmond

1 Like

Pretty solid looking Top 8 there @Ainsbury78

1 Like

Get a room you two….

I actually think Melbourne might struggle. Notorious for getting ahead of themselves and they may be on good terms with themselves. Not every premier turns into a Geelong, Hawthorn or Richmond (who will rise again IMO) dynasty. It takes a lot to remain at the top for so long and Geelong and Hawthorn had diluted expansion team drafts helping them remain at the top. Collingwood also had a gun young side when they won in 2010 but it was a lone flag. For some reason I also think Port might not be as good as everyone thinks. How would any of us know though?

1 Like

Some good points. Melbourne for me still best in comp, but I see Port sliding down to 6th-8th range

From the article a curious turn of phrase…

There’s little doubt that the Essendon Bombers can improve in season 2022. They have the 12th oldest list, with an average age of 24.2 years old, which indicates there is a good mix between youth and experience.

Why wouldn’t they say 6th youngest list?
This is getting things backasswards, as Holden Caulfield would say.

Catcher In The Rye reference in 2022. Nice.

1 Like

Have a feeling Brisbane will finish top 2 and play in the grand final.

1 Like

Gold coast without King last for me… I have a horrible feeling the hawks will be better than everyone other than there supporters wish for.I thinks Saints may vie with North for second last

GC will still be the Hawks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I laugh how so many people have the Hawks finishing last. This is a team that we lost to by 1 point and beat by 13 points last year. Yet these same people have us as high as 4th on the ladder.

Hawks would be better off finishing low but they have enough experience to win enough games to avoid the bottom 6.

All true, but would be remiss to overlook arguably the best coach of the past 20 years leaving. He could polish a turd.

Hawks finished 14th last year
Hawks have also lost their supercoach Clarko & Burgoyne their spiritual leader.
Traded out Ceglar
New coach will want to blood new players and first year is best year to finish low as the only way from there is up, and club still have confidence / contract
McEvoy is 32 OOC
Breust is 31
Gunston 30 body fragile OOC - would be happy if he left and they got free agent compo.

Shiels & Hartigan also 30.

All of that is true, and means nothing once a new season starts, as well you know.

They still have some decent players. They also get Sicily back.

1 Like

Bulldogs
Demons
Sydney
Essendon
Brisbane
GWS
Port
Geelong
Richmond
Freo
Collingwood