2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

Won’t be long

22 is probably close to fair for TT.

1 Like

Who knows ?
Perhaps Cripps or Curnow go down again next year, and it doesnt happen.

1 Like

True. It’s a position I’d like to be in.
I think every one of those players is better than anyone on our list.
We have some who could get there

1 Like

Personally I’d take Adams, Pendlebury, Moore, Grundy, Trel… oh.

I’d be really chasing Tarryn Thomas hard. I really rate him, and as long as Norf are publicly backing Clarkson they’ll have trouble if they tried to enforce his contract, just like we did with Judas Ryder.

Not enthused about Harmes. I haven’t seen much of him, but at our stage of list development do we really want to bring in a 27yo (reliable but with limited ceiling) who’ll be wanting the CBAs that we could alternatively give to Perkins, or Hobbs, or Caldwell?

6 Likes

2MP kicked more goals than Harry McKay in a worse team, often getting double teamed, and having to play some stints in the ruck.

I’d argue at the very least 2MP is every bit as good as Harry McKay.

19 Likes

I’d say on paper that core group is better than most of the finals teams from this year…but they still can’t crack consistency.

A good team doesn’t always have the best players in each position.

1 Like

■■■■, no one prepared me for this.

Install a Rheem, install a Rheem

1 Like

Walsh isnt better than Merrett, or even Parish for that matter.

2mp is pretty close to Harry McKay.
If we’re talking potential, theyd kill to have Draper on their list.

2 Likes

It is so good have 2MP and not giggles Joe kicking points around the corner from 15m straight in front

4 Likes

Ohh fark, I need to get trade radio on!

How else will I find out who the tradies mate is?

1 Like

I need 4 new tyres soon.
Any ideas ???

With McKay locked away and us likely missing Bowes and McKenna
we may need to look into taking zac Williams salary dump, just to make 95% lol.

Squeeze out TDK in a year.

They are making changes right now to help out Geelong. They will likely let Geelong get away with it, then when the inevitable blowback happens will change it back.

McKay has kicked more goals than Peter in 23 less games.
Regardless, Carlton have an amazing core

However, with 7 year deals, they always look great at year zero, but you often wish you could get out of them after year 5.

2 Likes

Carlton have better top end talent than most, but rely on them more than anyone.

They drop off hard and fast, without a strong system to provide structure if their stars are not firing like Richmond had.

You can only go on recent form, and that form suggests Wright is very close to McKay.

No arguments with your last line.
Doesnt mean they will get anywhere though.