2022 trade speculation (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from 2022 trade speculation (Part 1) - #10037 by Sameolds2010.

Previous discussions:

1 Like

I was the last post - do I get a t shirt

5 Likes

You get to propose a five way trade.

11 Likes

I had 200 more posts than anyone else on the PART 1 thread.

I farking dominated.

7 Likes

Nerd

5 Likes

That’s fair.

1 Like

Whatever gets us Yautja

What previous thread?

That’s right, we were never here…

9 Likes

And 199 of them were to trade Shiel :rofl:

9 Likes

Two word posts don’t count

Kk.

I hope we get Sheezel however, he seems to be a forward who can play midfield, and we already have Perkins, Martin, Langford, and not to mention Davey who is a forward/mid too, so I feel like Sheezel would be a surplus when we seriously need quality small forwards. I am not comfortable with the idea of adding another tall when we already have too many and we need to give them one more year - otherwise go after the McKay brothers.

So, I think we should downgrade our first pick, or use it to get Norf’s future first somehow so we can get Nick Watson.

Rioli, Amon (free, depth if not best 22) McKays and Watson would put us in contention in 2024.

McGrath, Reid, Ridley
Redman, B. McKay, Massimo

Draper, Parish, Merrett, Stringer
Martin, Durham

Langford, Wright, Jones,
Rioli, H. McKay, Watson

Perkins, Cox, Caldwell, Hobbs

EMG: Laverde, Hind, Shiel, Amon

One can dream.

Oh boy

3 Likes

I don’t care who we draft with our first pick…as long as it used on a small skinny half back flanker who we hope to turn into a midfielder one day. If they could also have “leadership qualities” that would be fantastic.

16 Likes

Sheezel just immediately replaces Snelling in our current team. Simple.

The Davey kids will likely need a bit of time and it will be good to afford them that luxury. There would be opportunities for Alwyn Jnr in year one anyhow as the usual attrition takes place without needing to lock him in week in week out. Unless his form warrants it of course.

1 Like

and it has to be someone we were surprised they were still available

6 Likes

non-sensible haircuts need not apply

3 Likes

Great team and thinking but we won’t get either McKay IMO. If Harry gets lured from Carlton I think it’ll be the swans - I expect them to go hard at Harry next year