2023 BBFFL#2 Discussion

■■■■■. I’ve been wondering whether I continue to be in the Crazy Premiership 2023 season .

When do you need to know by?

We will need to know pretty soon Wez as we need to get the new coach up to speed with the comp and get prepared for the trade period, which is basically open now.

Alright. Due to the short notice and how already ■■■■■■ up it is with the UF change, i’ll commit to another year in the coaches chair.

6 Likes

Good work, Wez.

I’m happy for anything. Just let me what I need to pay and what I need to join.

So how long is the trade period?
When is the draft?

Trade period is 2-3 weeks, end date still to be decided and draft date not yet set either.

Red will let us know when he’s set them.

2 Likes

You guys know me, I am but a cog in the RB machine. Whatever suits.

3 Likes

Squads and draft order updated

I am waiting to see how the new look UF actually works before deciding how we proceed in 2023. They have said UF will ready to run this week, so once we see that I will post.

Trading is open and there is a separate thread for trade discussion which is open.

4 Likes

FYI for folks.

Check the positions of the players before trading. I don’t think the positions have been updated in UF, so they could be different in AFL Fantasy.

Eg.
Angus Brayshaw is a CB in UF, but a B in AFL Fantasy.

2 Likes

Still got to log into this new thingymajig

Got the AFLiD but it’s asking for old login info to be able populate my team from last year … hmmmm

Unless I’m doing something wrong here

@redbull

Are we doing UF or AFLF?

probably need to do that before we start.

I have no idea what I’m doing at the moment. Logged in to UF, linked to AFL.com, but can’t see my team or even where I’d find it, try and click through from UF but it doesn’t do anything.

Any tips?

UF isn’t updated yet for 2023. So what you have done is right for now. Once we see what the UF offering we will make a call on our 2023 setup.

2 Likes

I can see my squad from last year now.

Created an AFL id, signed in to it, then signed in through UF .

It still shows the now retired Joel Selwood etc so it’s not an updated list, but it does show who I had at season end at least.

2 Likes

I can see mine now too. Thanks all.

1 Like

So I’ve managed to restore the league on the AFL fantasy website. I’ve had a quick play and can see the following differences to what we have had previously:

-no utility position available
-therefore we couldn’t run with 5B, 5F, 6C, 1R and 1U - to change we would likely need to move to 6B, 6F, 5C and 1R
-inability to customise player positions

From what I can see most things will otherwise work with the Lite version which is $30 which I’m happy to cover.

Our other option is The Bench. The issues over there appear to be:
-player positions are all over the place so we would need to manage ourselves - my suggested starting point would be to use last years final positions from UF and for newly listed players we use the AFL Fantasy destination
-draft system appears to be limited - so we would be back to drafting on Blitz with the use of a spreadsheet. Again not too bad and something we could manage.

Given the timeframe we are working with I’m keen to try and resolve by Monday lunchtime.

Please post your preferred platform on here.

For me I’m leaning to using The Bench for this season given it will allow us to run with the same game setup.

Post away

1 Like

Happy to keep things easy and roll with aFL Fantasy.

I definitely prefer The Bench option too. At least for this year and then we can find a website that fills all needs.

Main reason being we traded and drafted for specific positions and it’d completely throw out the game setup this league has had for years. The inability to customize player positions would be the worst.

My vote is for the AFL site.

The reason is because doing the positions ourselves is terrible, if the coaches put forward a submission and it gets voted on.

Keep it simple for this season imo and see what happens for next year.

1 Like

Agnostic and will defer to others