2023 BBFFL#2 Discussion

I cant seem to update my team either. Tried to move Nathan Wilson and change to Witherden and says
“The requested change is not permitted during the rolling lockout as it will leave position ‘Defender’ empty and so locked. Change position ‘Defender’ first.”
and has locked Wilson in.

1 Like

@redbull Can my team please be set as

Backs Centres Forward Rucks Utility Bench
Angus Brayshaw Lachie Neale Isaac Heeney Todd Goldstein Bradley Hill Nathan Wilson
Alex Witherden Patrick Dangerfield Zac Fisher Nick Haynes
Hunter Clark Kamdyn McIntosh Rory Lobb Thomson Dow
Jayden Hunt Jacob Wehr Bobby Hill Harry Sharp
Ben Long Zach Tuohy Jack Martin
Marcus Windhager

Yikes. So have to be in the 22 to be swapped around? Witherden isn’t in my 22.

I cant even swap a bench player Hill into the utility (Finlayson) or vice versa. Either way will complain about a spot being empty.

I’d expect be able to fix it after tonight’s game is done

1 Like

Would be more than just the live scores

Players selected / emergencies / injured etc should be shown also

1 Like

To me there’s no benefit over just submitting teams manually.

1 Like

Yeah especially because that info is actually very easy to get through the AFL API.

I can’t allocate him now the round has started. Let me know if he’s in your starting team this week

Might have already worked this out but need to use a player outside of the 22 when making these changes.

Eg I was trying to swap Nick Hind (DEF) and John Noble (EMG1) and I can’t immediately swap the two, first I need to change EMG1 to a player outside my 22, then I can swap Hind for Noble into the DEF position.

Ahh we will need to do some shuffling as he is a defender, ollie is a forward so my team is out of whack. Shouldnt be too big a deal though

1 Like

Just let me know your team structure and I’ll make any required adjustments

Ive tried doing that and doesnt work.

eg. Changed Brad Hill to Ben Long (wasn’t in 22 yet), then tried to swap to on field with Nathan Wilson and says it can’t.

Now Hunter Clark is locked because i tried swapping :person_shrugging:

Who are you trying to put on the field? Cause they have to be outside your 22 to be put onto the field.

So if you’re trying to get Ben Long on, sub him off the bench with someone else, then sub Ben Long onto the field.

oh. I’ll give that a go.

Yup that worked. Load up the bench of players who arent in the 22, then swap the onfield 18 with players outside of them, then swap the bench.

Would be so much easier if they didn’t auto-pick your team.

2 Likes

Have to say, I am completely and utterly underwhelmed by The Bench so far.

Does not tell you selected players/emergencies/extended bench/injuries.

Does not give live scores.

Doesn’t even give updated scores, nothing still against the Rich/Carl players from last night.

If this is what it provides then it’s going to be a long non enjoyable final season for me.

This is in no way a go at you @redbull as you had to make a decision on behalf of 17 other random blokes and as stated in previous posts what you do for this comp is unbelievable and unrewarded but this system/site to me is just plain awful if it stays in this format.

Please also let us know how to send you the cash if you have already forked over money.

3 Likes

Yeah I think we need to seriously consider a move.

I’m sure we can all chip in a few $ and time so the RB doesn’t have to re-enter everything again

I seriously don’t think it’s that bad. Yeah it would be nice if it showed if your players were selected by their AFL teams, but it doesn’t take that much effort to work it out.

1 Like