2023 FF Original Discussion Thread

Has there been any word on how long Menegola will be out? I saw he was having a surgery but not a length out just medium term.
Is that 6-8?

Finger on the button for Xerri, @Dunlop
I believe his injury is traditionally eight weeks?

@wimmera1: Close enough. 6-8 is the standard rehab period for ankle syndesmosis.

@JBaller92: “Medium term” is actually the length - its an annoying Neil Balme construct which he brought to all his clubs, though Collingwood dropped it after Geoff Walsh left. I was hoping to be able to still find a link that definitively spelled out what each meant, but Geelong typically don’t do full injury updates anymore, Richmond do (and still use the system internally) but haven’t provided a key on their site and they translate it to weeks for the AFL version in any case.

This should only crop up on a Geelong or Richmond injury list, but here is the Neil Balme grading system from memory.

• test
  • short-term (1-3 weeks)
  • medium-term (4-6 weeks)
  • long-term (7 weeks+)
  • season

Up to you whether you want to risk Sam returning early.

Picking up players on Bench
It’s a 2 step process unlike UF where delisting was triggered by picking a player

To delist a player head to the squad tab and click the bin
Your new player can be added via the player tab (you’ll need to search for them or browse by club to find them if they didn’t play last round.)

3 Likes

Thanks @Dunlop and @Blummers32

1 Like

FAs have been processed.

Apologies to wimmera who got his PM late. I couldn’t include those picks.
Looks like the xls sheet held up on the first week.

I’m annoyed to end up with a Kangaroo spud (Kayne Turner). I wish somehow Uwland fell to my pick, but I wasn’t expecting it.

Good luck to all.

2 Likes

Lol how did JBaller pick up Chandler an hour ago when FA just completed? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Clearly psychic.

What’s the margin for the Essendon game this week @JBaller92?

If everybody can make sure they pick their players up before the start of Thursday’s game please. Not sure whether Bench locks the squad you can select from at the start of the round, but it is a possibility, so pick up your players up to avoid disappointment.

Just on waivers, I can’t extend the timeframe on Bench to 7 days like I could on UF, so you’ll need to refer to the FA thread or available player thread each week for those available to bid on - and obviously don’t use Bench to bid on players beforehand.

1 Like

Oh crud sorry I was tinkering around while bored, thought it had to come from admin to actually go through! My bad :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Played 2 short last week, got a full bench this week :roll_eyes:

Added Tomlinson, gets dropped. I think he will probably make the 22 but not a great sign.

My first of many screw ups. Hewett was injured and i missed it. :frowning:

It’s kind of tough to scrawl through 18 teams searching for your thirty players and then go back to the Bench site with that layout and form a squad.
That was my problem last week. I hadn’t heard May was injured.
I had no reason to suspect he wouldn’t be playing.
Obviously I’ve checked the Melbourne team, but May is such a fixture that obviously I just didn’t spot that he wasn’t there, so I named him.

I’m sure yours won’t be the last time it happens.

For the record, it is not and never will be my intention to name players who are not playing.
I don’t tank.
I try to win every single week.

3 Likes

Well I’m second bottom of the ladder and got absolutely spanked by the might of The Excitement Machines, but it wasn’t all bad. I managed to cobble together a full 18 (even though it did include 4 subs or subbed players).

The kids are alright. Ginbey scored a very solid 92 on debut, Warner 117, Gulden 99, Chapman 85 and Oliver Henry 77. I’ve also got high hopes for Cowan and Wilmot, who did not set the world on fire with their scoring, but nonetheless showed promise…

There could be as many as four debutantes this week with Rowston a good chance to play his first game this week, and Stone named on the EIC. Uwland and Hamilton have been picked up through free agency. Uwland looked a player on debut for GC last week, and Hamilton has been named to debut for GWS this week.

It’s been a hard reset of the squad, but the green shoots are already starting to appear.

4 Likes

Yup. Going to have to be some extreme leniency this year about not fielding full strength teams. It’s a struggle.

1 Like

It will get easier monitoring team selection now that round one is out of the way. Just need to see the INS and OUTS rather than scan through full lineups.

2 Likes

Maybe. My team reset for round 2 and wasnt the same as round 1. had to re-do the whole thing again.

There’s some strange stuff. I swear I took Jack Martin out last night when he was a late out but today he’s there on my bench. Maybe I’m losing my mind.

Yeah.
That’s what I do.
Then need to go through 8 or 10 players to see if they have made it onto emergency lists.

Crappy setup, but whoever is more diligent with team selections will reap the benefits.

Looks like I have a full 18 with 5 on emergencies or EIC.
Unfortunately, I’m forced to play Ned Reeves on the ground for the time being.

1 Like

Does anyone understand “Position changed during rolling-lockout”? I’ve got a number of players that I’d like to bring swap out, but I’m unable to due this message. No biggie as it’s only players who are listed as emergencies that I want to bring on to my bench.

If possible, I’d like the following changes:

Out: Dowling Stephens Ross (all named on my bench)
In: Carmichael Prior O’Neil (to replace those bench players)

EDIT: This symbol appears in the top LHS of players I’m unable to swap out:

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 5.41.44 pm