2023 FF Original Discussion Thread

Lol how did JBaller pick up Chandler an hour ago when FA just completed? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Clearly psychic.

What’s the margin for the Essendon game this week @JBaller92?

If everybody can make sure they pick their players up before the start of Thursday’s game please. Not sure whether Bench locks the squad you can select from at the start of the round, but it is a possibility, so pick up your players up to avoid disappointment.

Just on waivers, I can’t extend the timeframe on Bench to 7 days like I could on UF, so you’ll need to refer to the FA thread or available player thread each week for those available to bid on - and obviously don’t use Bench to bid on players beforehand.

1 Like

Oh crud sorry I was tinkering around while bored, thought it had to come from admin to actually go through! My bad :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Played 2 short last week, got a full bench this week :roll_eyes:

Added Tomlinson, gets dropped. I think he will probably make the 22 but not a great sign.

My first of many screw ups. Hewett was injured and i missed it. :frowning:

It’s kind of tough to scrawl through 18 teams searching for your thirty players and then go back to the Bench site with that layout and form a squad.
That was my problem last week. I hadn’t heard May was injured.
I had no reason to suspect he wouldn’t be playing.
Obviously I’ve checked the Melbourne team, but May is such a fixture that obviously I just didn’t spot that he wasn’t there, so I named him.

I’m sure yours won’t be the last time it happens.

For the record, it is not and never will be my intention to name players who are not playing.
I don’t tank.
I try to win every single week.

3 Likes

Well I’m second bottom of the ladder and got absolutely spanked by the might of The Excitement Machines, but it wasn’t all bad. I managed to cobble together a full 18 (even though it did include 4 subs or subbed players).

The kids are alright. Ginbey scored a very solid 92 on debut, Warner 117, Gulden 99, Chapman 85 and Oliver Henry 77. I’ve also got high hopes for Cowan and Wilmot, who did not set the world on fire with their scoring, but nonetheless showed promise…

There could be as many as four debutantes this week with Rowston a good chance to play his first game this week, and Stone named on the EIC. Uwland and Hamilton have been picked up through free agency. Uwland looked a player on debut for GC last week, and Hamilton has been named to debut for GWS this week.

It’s been a hard reset of the squad, but the green shoots are already starting to appear.

4 Likes

Yup. Going to have to be some extreme leniency this year about not fielding full strength teams. It’s a struggle.

1 Like

It will get easier monitoring team selection now that round one is out of the way. Just need to see the INS and OUTS rather than scan through full lineups.

2 Likes

Maybe. My team reset for round 2 and wasnt the same as round 1. had to re-do the whole thing again.

There’s some strange stuff. I swear I took Jack Martin out last night when he was a late out but today he’s there on my bench. Maybe I’m losing my mind.

Yeah.
That’s what I do.
Then need to go through 8 or 10 players to see if they have made it onto emergency lists.

Crappy setup, but whoever is more diligent with team selections will reap the benefits.

Looks like I have a full 18 with 5 on emergencies or EIC.
Unfortunately, I’m forced to play Ned Reeves on the ground for the time being.

1 Like

Does anyone understand “Position changed during rolling-lockout”? I’ve got a number of players that I’d like to bring swap out, but I’m unable to due this message. No biggie as it’s only players who are listed as emergencies that I want to bring on to my bench.

If possible, I’d like the following changes:

Out: Dowling Stephens Ross (all named on my bench)
In: Carmichael Prior O’Neil (to replace those bench players)

EDIT: This symbol appears in the top LHS of players I’m unable to swap out:

Screenshot 2023-03-24 at 5.41.44 pm

Switched them for you.

Not sure what the issue was though, as Bench typically allows you to switch anyone to someone outside the 22 after game 1 has started, it just won’t let you switch someone from your bench to your starting 18 and vice versa without using someone outside the 22

That icon appears for every player you’ve moved since the start of Game 1 - the icon itself doesn’t mean you can’t move them

Will be cooking tea now until 7ish, but if anybody else wants me to fix something with their side, sing out.

1 Like

Do you realise he’s out again this week?

Salem injured again. Sheesh. Two short stints won’t get me a LTI Christian!

No.
No, I do not.
I have May blindness, obviously.
Go Logue, I guess.

Geewiz Menegola, Yeo, Boak and now Gawn that’s pretty well me stuffed

Not naming McCreery on my bench last week despite his 81 may have cost me a W.

This week it’s Daniher and 82 I’ve left out of my 18 and bench. Hopefully that doesn’t come back to bite me too.