2023 Mid Season Draft - Wednesday May 31 2023

Yes that was a big my bad. Read story yesterday and should of read it better… thought it was an article on mid season options

1 Like

It was a joke.

Really like this kids kicking.

Good skills are a huge asset

What’s the opportunity cost of a mid season pick?

Honestly 10 games is a good result out of a MSD pick.
Someone like Snelling (who’ll probably struggle to 100 games ) is a great result.

A lot of words wasted on “best available” vs “needs”.
Anyone who’s close to AFL is a win.

4 Likes

Maric, Tucker and Stanley will all be playing against us in the VFL today. We will certainly get a good look at them although all 3 may go before our pick anyway

1 Like

its time for Dodo to cook again.

Yeah. My view is if they are a spud, just don’t bother.

1 Like

Dodoro was at south fremantle oval yesterday watching south freo v perth

Potentially eyeing someone there next week or for next draft

2 Likes

Hunter you would imagine

Given how tall our VFL backline is I wouldn’t be going near a tall defender.

Kicked 5 yesterday

2 Likes

It looks as though he kicks too straight for our forward line.

1 Like

Hunter already has the right colours.

Bring.

3 Likes

Sure.
But that’s the reality of pick ~10 in the mid season draft, it’s all guys who got passed on 60 or 80 times last October, then another 9 times before our choice.

So if you think someone offers some value… any value… even if it is just good enough to be backup for Lav or Phillips for the next 12 games… it’s probably still a win.

The opportunity cost is as close to nothing as it gets.

2 Likes

More likely on hot chip reporting duty.

Was RFK there?

1 Like

people have said we need a tall defender and forward, but in all reality we already have both ends covered, half of them are just injured or continually injured.

what’s the point of picking a tall defender that you won’t play ahead of any of zerk, lav or ridley ? and who will sit in the vfl and then outplaced by reid or cox if or when their bodies stand up ?

wright will be back soon, so a tall forward ain’t going to be playing ahead of him or weedman, and you already have voss that they won’t give a game too.

picking up anyone tall, unless it’s a genuine ruck who can and is willing to play forward, is a waste of time, as they simply aren’t going to be used.

2 Likes

Heppell is not a running HB, more like a leisurely stroll.

4 Likes

Its been mentioned somewhere above but I wouldnt be upset if we grabbed Jorgy from our vfl side

I havent been able to watch heaps of vfl but dont mind the look of Stanley
Seems pretty classy from what I’ve seen, I didn’t get to watch todays game, so some may have some insights from that

You will be the one leading the whinging, right after one of them kicks the first goal. Don’t even try to deny it.

5 Likes

Nah, just dodoro with another staff member who i cant remember the name of. Definitely not Keane or RFK though