2023 trade talk (Part 1)

I reckon if you asked the 17 other clubs, not too many would take Lukosius before Oscar Allen. And that’s not even a slight on Lukosius who is a skilful and clever player who is finding more consistency this year.

4 Likes

I would love to know what it is the coaches want him to work on?

i would much rather a guy that has more score involements, inside 50s, metres gained then allen, having both langford lukosious to go with wright would literally be a night to oppositions, much scarier than wright+allen

Agree, because he looks pretty bloody complete to me. Maybe it’s just consistency…if he puts together an extended block of good form then he has proven his value.

We have a lot of inconsistent young players getting games. Not sure why Voss is different. Maybe they are saving him for grand final day.

1 Like

Yeah, it really doesn’t make any sense to me. I would have Voss ahead of Jones at this stage too. He is such a presence. I though BDB would have fallen in love with Voss by now.

2 Likes

To be fair, I haven’t really seen Voss play much, so I am basing my expectations of him playing on the comments from Blitz.

1 Like

Think I’ve got to the stage where there’s no real standout FA’s that pique my interest. I wouldn’t mind kicking the tyres on some lower profile names - Ricciardi, Hayes etc. - as they present better value.

He looks a class above the VFL team. Everytime he gets it’s you’re like “who the ■■■■ was that?!”

3 Likes

Imagine if he got good delivery into the forwardline.

I suspect that l a lot of the recent talk about Oscar Allen is simply because he just kicked 4 goals against us over the weekend. FWIW l have seen him as a quality player for a few years now. He has been carrying the forward line and doubling up on ruck duties for a couple of years and now he is the captain. Fair to say he has stepped up and handled the transition very well. He isn’t going anywhere, so Blitzers can move on to another potential trade target.

3 Likes

of all the things we could focus on, people want to throw a ■■■■ tone of cash at allen, for the hell of it ?
and either think they are just gonna toss weed aside for the hell of it, and then relegate jones to vfl “backup” role.

not to say anything against him as a player, but how exactly do people legit see this ■■■■ working sometimes, like how do he and wright fit into the fwd 50, with a resting ruckman ?

and for that to work, you essentially have to delist voss and baldwin and rely on jones as the only developing forward in the vfl coming through.

to use a footy analogy, some people on here are really just like “see ball, get ball” without thinking remotely about the down stream and flow on effects of their decision making.

Cal Twomey on gettable saying Elijah hollands is a watch this space. I know a lot were keen on him in his draft year. Do we need a player like him? What’s he worth?

Probably too much but the Suns are hardly getting quality out of him. He would be a very handy player but I would imagine GC would be asking for a pick in the 10-15 range plus steak-knives.

1 Like

7 Likes

I personally wouldn’t give them Martin.

1 Like

Mmm the idea of pinching Larkey and McKay from Norf is appealing

The club would absolutely play Allen over Weid and Jones.

Wright would be the second ruck if we had Allen in the team

I would happily delist both of them if we were getting Allen to replace them.

2 Likes

-English and Guelfi to West Coast
-WCE future first, Ess 23 first and Nick Bryan to Bulldogs
-Harley Reid to Essendon

*would require english to request a trade home

Neither would I…no way