2023 trade talk (Part 4)

Eagles don’t have an issue with player retention, so I can just see them taking best available rather than taking Curtain only.

Maybe Curtain is a flight risk and they can get him in a few years

2 Likes

That is true, there are few examples of playing leaving the Eagles because of go-home factor. Even in the case of Judd, he earned his dues and the 6 seasons he spent there he won a Brownlow and helped win them a flag. If they got the same out of Reid before he decided to go back home (if that ever occurred) they’d be pretty happy with the decision to draft him. There’s probably less chance of him doing it anyway, being from the country Melbourne is hardly “home”…

A lot easier to see family though

And if I was a young player, I would prefer to go to Eagles and learn off Shuey, Yeo, Barrass, etc. as opposed to Shiels and … who knows

A mate of mine is from Tongala and knows their family well. Much to his chagrin, apparently he’s not all that enthused about being drafted by North either, given my mate is a Roos man. Other than that, said he’s a high quality young man and from a very good family.

4 Likes

Sheer curtains go with curtains

Think the only deal for pick one will be Norf’s two and three.

2 Likes

Think the Pies have got something else going on which could be big.

Got some cryptic messages, so not 100% sure and could be nothing.

1 Like

Them getting Schultz is big IMO. He’s very good, and would be an absolute upgrade on Ginnivan. Whether they have anything else in the pipeline who knows.

1 Like

Didn’t Shuey retire?

1 Like

Yes, but he is a coach at WCE now.

Straight into it. Good for him.

I imagine Dodoro is after BZT and 31 for Duursma and 25.

This may drag out until wednesday

1 Like

WTF is he smoking, if this is even remotely true? No way is BZT a more valuable commodity than Duursma. I’d be happy if we ended up with a net loss of BZT and D’Ambrosio for Duursma. Essentially on-trade whatever pick we get from the Hawks for Mass to Port with BZT for Duursma. That’s how he should be approaching it, and Port should be amenable to it as the draft pick they get from us would assist them with other deals.

10 Likes

I believe it’s the opposite and Dodoro is proposing the straight swap.

3 Likes

I doubt it is, certainly seems like it is just an opinion.

3 Likes

Is it a cucumber

6 Likes

Pick 1 for Coll’s F1 and the AFL will tell WC that they will do the deal and like it.

2 Likes

Duursma next

Then I think just picks no more trades for players coming in

Hoping Port and Essendon worked on trades for zerk and duursma over the week end be nice to get this deal done tomorrow or tuesday and not drag it out till the wendsay dead line

I think Massimo to Hawks will get done tomorrow

1 Like