2023 trade talk (Part 4)

MEGATRADE
I tried to game the system…with GC’s points getting knocked out first…then WB’s…then Hawthorn’s…Port move up the order slightly, so they can say to Geelong “we tried our best to assemble an offer for Ratugolea”…

ESSENDON
BEFORE = 31 + 52 + BZT + MASSIMO
AFTER = 33 + Duursma

PORT
BEFORE = 25 + 41 + 49 + Duursma
AFTER = 24 + 41 + BZT + Sweet

GOLD COAST
BEFORE = 24 + 27 + 28 + 32 + 36 + 38
AFTER = 25 + 27 + 28 + 31 + 32 + 36

WB
BEFORE = 40 + 48 + 53 + Sweet
AFTER = 38 + 40 + 48

HAWTHORN
BEFORE = 33 + 44 + 54
AFTER = 44 + 49 + 52 + 53 + 54 + Massimo

Too much time on yourhands

5 Likes

I can’t be certain but we have a Draper so ergo we should get a Curtain.

21 Likes

sup adam.

So we lose Mass and BZT for Duursma and go back in the draft?
No

7 Likes

FWIW…our pick doesn’t actually move…we’re only overtaken by picks that get knocked out.

2 Likes

No, it’s a player. As I said very cryptic and I was just trying to read the tea leaves, but it may be a case of someone on the sauce last night trying to stir up our group.

JUH?

Rumoured going to Sydney to replace lance franklin

The AFL will want to drag things out now because they televise it live on Wednesday

would anyone trade Shiel for Billings as a straight swap?

both 2 year deals, both surplus at clubs in position.

would probably rate shiel higher. maybe saints add some mayo.

maybe media could just release his as a potential trade to create some more stories before the trade period is wrapped up. Purely speculation but might generate some clicks.

Billings is more broken than Shiel, if someone would take Shiels contract with him I would be ok if he just walked.

1 Like

In a word, no.

1 Like

Sydney will be 1 club bidding for JUH. There are no rumours of him going there whatsoever. It will turn into a bidding war between at least 4 clubs.

Billings only played 3 games for the year, hes just not getting on the park. pretty cooked it seems

1 Like

No. Shiel isn’t best-22 at Essendon, but I’d be happy to have him see out his contract at this point and earn his place.

I think we do need small forwards, but we need some small players who play with high intensity, and add constant pressure on the opposition’s defensive line. Billings could be a handy luxury player for a club who has this already in spades and just needs a quality finisher.

1 Like

9 news saying that the BZT and Duursma swap will likely happen with some later picks being involved.

24 Likes

Why? May as well keep Shiel than swap him for another cooked player

2 Likes

3 Likes