2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

Positional changes have been kind to me.

Mackenzie is a FC (I was surprised he wasn’t a C to begin with).
Matt Roberts is a CB (I am surprised he’s received B as an extra).
Bergman is a CB (I thought he was more of a wingman).
Bonner is a CB (I thought he was more of a wingman with a bit of rebound defending last year).
Luke Edwards is FC (which is about what I thought he was last year).
Peatling is a FC (I’m surprised about adding C to him).

With that many C’s, I should be able play one in the forward line, one in the backline and one or two as an emergency and switch them to mid as long as they are playing on the Sunday.
It means I can hold on to Campbell on the list for Marshall backup and persevere with Schoenmaker, Phillips and Walter for a little while longer.
I could do with one extra defender and 1 less forward though.

Still no scoring mids or rucks in free agency from last week, so…

2 Likes

I meant on your own teams.
They aren’t changing positions of players who haven’t played yet.

1 Like

FAs have been processed.

Best of luck to everyone this week.

Ffs, completely missed it .

Great moment Darcy Jones scores his 1st points for the Hotdons, big hopes for the young man

4 Likes

Bloody hell, despite my best efforts I STILL have to field Lewis Young! Ken drops Burton unexpectedly. And because of the extended round, I played it safe and left Daicos in the middle.

And now Soldo will miss a few games , so the ruck situation is a mess again.

FAs are doing my head in.
Grabbing Hugo Ralpsmith off FAs was the easy choice.
Trying to work out who to drop for Curtis is a little more delicate.

I couldn’t afford to drop Campbell because if Marshall is out and Campbell is an FA, another coach will pick him up straight away and I’ll be short a ruckman (which I can’t afford).
Marlion Pickett should have been dropped by now, but he’s doing okay and he played on Wednesday night, so I can’t drop him.
Jones was next in line, but because I’m using Ralph-Smith as the loophole, if another defender is a late out, I’ll be short in the backline.
In a way, Curtis is surplus, but because I’m trying to use Peatling as a loophole as well, he might come in handy if there is a late out in my forward line.

Next week’s FAs are going to be rough going.

2 Likes

If I’d been paying attention to the date/day then Ralphsmith would have been in my FA calculations. I’ve been a believer in his FF relevancy for a while, but as usual I tend to take these kids a few years too early, lol.

On the plus side, Will Day!!! Not expecting big minutes or big points first up, but effectively he was pick 9 in my draft so he’s important to our direction and hopes this season.

2 Likes

I seem to be falling into the same trap, recognise the FF player, but have 3 odd dead spots waiting for them to mature

Rode out SPP suspension, he gets scoring nicely.

Bam ACL

Fantasy can really be a frustrating exercise, back to a very thin forward line

1 Like

Pedlar looked good last year. Set himself up well for this year.
I drop Cook as I need cover elsewhere.
Then Pedlar has a form slump. Cook comes in and Pedlar out of the Crows team.
Today Pedlar comes back in, injures his shoulder and subbed out. Cook looks like he’ll begin to fulfil the expectations that were on him leading up to the draft.

Cook would have been a handy hold.

1 Like

It’s been a year out, but welcome back Cam Guthrie.

1 Like

Ffs Dangerfield.

1 Like

Nice to see Binns get his 1st points after a season on the Hotdons list.
Odd way to get them as a last minute in as emergency

1 Like

Was hoping all of your old boys were going to put in a shocker after seeing neal, sidebottom and then dangerfield have poor ones. Thought I’d be in with sniff. Then Fyfe rolled back the clock, and Heeney is going to destroy us

You should have me covered fairly convincingly from here though. I have a 20 point lead but you have four players to play compared to my two.

Hahahaha, Gold Coast. Boys have ■■■■ the bed

1496 with only getting 8 from Ah Chee is a good week.

Didn’t realise Fyfe would be getting midfield minutes when I sold him last year. Nothing like a desperate Longmuir to ramp up scoring

1 Like

1293, playing one short and an injury-caused 7 from weightman. I’m pretty happy with that. And on a round that wasn’t stretched over 5 days - and therefore would’ve known the teams and didn’t need an insurance policy - I could have set things up to have played Sholl, moved Daic’s to the backline etc etc.

The ruck is a major problem until Soldo returns , especially with news Preuss may have also done a hammy , but other than that a little bit of luck (fat chance!) would see us with some depth. Day got a senior game under his belt. 2MP is back. Dow returned with a decent hitout in the VFL. Miller Bergman was an AFL emergency and also had a good VFL game. Hoppers re-injury might put McAuliffe back into Richmonds seniors.