2024 FF Original Discussion Thread

Let me know when I am up Blummers, thanks.

1 Like

Iā€™ve WhatsApp messaged topdon, but itā€™s late there, so we could be in for a wait on this pick.

Same thoughts here about Docherty!!

1 Like

If my calls are correct, @topdon is 45minutes into his 5hr limit. So he has just over 4 hours to take his pick.
If his time lapses, @You_Shall_Be_Smoten can take his pick and whenever topdon is online, he can take his pick. We should be right for another decent block of picks tomorrow.

Still on target to finish Tuesday sometime.

All - Iā€™ve just made my pick. Gā€™night all.

3 Likes

Iā€™m out until lunchtime today, so cannot take contingency picks until the afternoon.

Just a constant shifting of strategic position for me to try and offset continuous problems as theyā€™ve emerged over the preseason, this draft. Itā€™s been very very different to my normal outlook.

I donā€™t expect Greenwood to get a lot of games , and maybe even no games , especially early whilst Norths kids are still not worn out, but he did kick 4 goals in their VFL practice match and quite frankly in a league that requires 7 midfielders then the Ward injury forced us to take any sort of mid that may, possibly, occasionally, remotely get a game.

@Blummers32 you got contingencies for @Alber_Goodthur ?

All good, Iā€™m here

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t matter too much. topdon and Smoten will take their picks overnight, then weā€™ll continue on in the morning.
Still looks like we finish sometime Tuesday.

1 Like

I had them, but heā€™s online anyway.

2 Likes

ruVFeCNm8GCeBJkfZA

I narrowed my picks down to 3. Baker was the one I ultimately let slip.

2 Likes

Itā€™d be great if we could finish this off today but itā€™s probably unlikely.

Not unless Smoten and topdon leave contingencies.

2 Likes

Iā€™m expecting a tomorrow finish. Maybe even a Wednesday morning depending on the speed between Smotens 3 picks.
Next season when weā€™re using the AFL Fantasy website to draft, itā€™ll move along far quicker.

Tomorrow, we get an updated injury list.
FAs occur on Wednesday night.

Unfortunatelyā€¦
The Wednesday night FAs may not have the impact to fill 18 per week I was hoping for. I think they only release the team sheets for the first game only and the rest come through on Thursday night.
So, still a lot of guesswork with FAs until round 14.

1 Like

Whys that?

Because you can do the draft on AFL Fantasy and set contingencies easily.

2 Likes

Big assumption that contigencies will be set any different to what it was on previous sites.

1 Like

Sorting through the leftoversā€¦ itā€™s not great. Got to find two more names

xT9DPLBZEnek4zvEQg

2 Likes