#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Saw Hepp walking with his mrs and the dog through North Essendon this morning. The yellow footy was in hand and getting a workout the whole time.

Itching to play.

I hear there’s a cream for that

How many mums are sending him new trousers as we speak

that’s how they make them these days

We already did that in the 90’s. None of my jeans had knees. Looks just as stupid now.

Pfft…“we already did it in the 90’s”
We did it in the 70’s

In the 50s holes in jeans were earned through hard work sonny Jim.

In the 30’s, you only owned jeans for hard work.

In the 10’s, the great war and Spanish flu ate holes in your jeans.

Easy times.
In the 1200’s, it were rats…rats from here to horizon…rats everywhere, squealing, sliding, squeaking, shimmying rats, I tell ya!

1 Like

Lees or Levis that was the dividing line but for special nights you’d wear moleskins!

How many mums are sending him new trousers as we speak

that’s how they make them these days

We already did that in the 90’s. None of my jeans had knees. Looks just as stupid now.

In the 1970’s you couldn’t buy jeans like that, so we would troop into Flinders St to Sammy Bears, get our Lees jean, then gather in a mates garage with bleach and scissors to get the effect.

I sometimes forget how stupid I was.

Ah … old Sammy Bears … the home of the Wrangler Shirt.

And Bacchus, Sam Bears was in Russell St. It was Louis Epsteins in Flinders.

Ahhhh the memories of my Miller shirts , treads or RM Williams boots.

My wife’s friend bought us a Dyson Heppell Footy mate as Coles were getting rid of them post season . I have to say this guys is a hoot. Some of his comments are awesome . Were would there be without a fart well timed while the grandkids were here . Hysterical .

**** = break wind

I think he will go to another level next season. And why do I feel he looks faster in some of the vision posted on the club app?

Article in the Sun today. Dois cleaned up in the Essendon Real Estate market yesterday. Finished off his reno over the winter. Well done.

Article in the Sun today. Dois cleaned up in the Essendon Real Estate market yesterday. Finished off his reno over the winter. Well done.
Was an article (ad) on it in the Moonee Valley Leader a few weeks back.

Dyson Heppell bombs out at auction of Moonee Ponds house he spent banned year renovating

SAMANTHA LANDY, Property reporter, Herald Sun
November 19, 2016 8:01pm

ESSENDON midfielder Dyson Heppell has bombed out at auction trying to sell the Moonee Ponds house he spent his year banned from Essendon renovating.

Dyson Heppell at the auction. Picture: Tim Carrafa
But the battle hardy young Bomber sold it shortly after for $2.65 million.

The 1910 house at 1 Jennings St, which the 24-year-old transformed while serving his AFL doping ban, sold in a post-auction negotiation to a family keen on its location near a host of quality schools.

Almost 100 people turned out in brilliant sunshine to watch auctioneer Brad Teal send the property under the hammer.

But none of them put their hand up to snare the tastefully renovated house, which boasts a crisp white period facade with soaring brick chimneys either side and a spacious extension and pool at the back.

Mr Teal talked up Heppell’s extensive renovation before the auction, telling the crowd it “puts The Block to shame”.

CoreLogic records show the property last changed hands in September 2015 for $1.74 million.

A permit for a $49,000 extension and alteration was granted in February.

Selling agent Rebecca Towns of Brad Teal, Essendon, had been quoting $2.5-$2.65 million for the four-bedroom abode, which Heppell named Albertus after his grandfather.

Ms Towns said pre-auction interest in the house had largely come from families, as it was close to schools including Penleigh and Essendon Grammar, Lowther Hall Anglican Grammar and St. Columba’s College.

Ms Towns said Heppell kept the home’s period facade and four front rooms intact and added an extension with an open plan living, dining and kitchen area featuring soaring ceilings, polished concrete floors and glass stacker doors offering views of the pool and garden.

It was one of 1201 homes scheduled to go under the hammer this week — the second last of the bumper spring selling season.

The Real Estate Institute of Victoria expects auction numbers to rise to 1430 as the season comes to a close next week, with strong weeks of 1240 and 1290 to follow for the first two weeks of summer.

Among yesterday’s strongest results was the $3.75 million sale of a Victorian home in need of renovation at 22 Chrystobel Cres, Hawthorn.

Advantage Property Consulting director Frank Valentic said the 1888 house, on a substantial 830sq m block, flew $450,000 over reserve.

Mr Valentic said it took Marshall White auctioneer James Tostevin about 40 minutes to knock the house down, as bids from five to six bidders continued to flood in.

The property, located in the coveted Grace Park Estate, earned the big price despite having the downsides of being south-facing and on a slope, he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dyson-heppel-bombs-out-at-auction-of-moonee-ponds-house-he-spent-banned-year-renovating/news-story/66d0a16670a656ec98653bb8b25ebdae?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=HaraldSun&utm_medium=Facebook

No way he did that reno for only $49,000.

Contacts, eh?

Probably gets some solar panels and a fujitsu system for free

But yeah no way that was $49,000

Probably more like 250k

Saw Hepp walking with his mrs and the dog through North Essendon this morning. The yellow footy was in hand and getting a workout the whole time.

Same again today. Essendon North Farmers Market, mrs, dog, and yellow footy!

Dyson Heppell bombs out at auction of Moonee Ponds house he spent banned year renovating

SAMANTHA LANDY, Property reporter, Herald Sun
November 19, 2016 8:01pm

ESSENDON midfielder Dyson Heppell has bombed out at auction trying to sell the Moonee Ponds house he spent his year banned from Essendon renovating.

Dyson Heppell at the auction. Picture: Tim Carrafa
But the battle hardy young Bomber sold it shortly after for $2.65 million.

The 1910 house at 1 Jennings St, which the 24-year-old transformed while serving his AFL doping ban, sold in a post-auction negotiation to a family keen on its location near a host of quality schools.

Almost 100 people turned out in brilliant sunshine to watch auctioneer Brad Teal send the property under the hammer.

But none of them put their hand up to snare the tastefully renovated house, which boasts a crisp white period facade with soaring brick chimneys either side and a spacious extension and pool at the back.

Mr Teal talked up Heppell’s extensive renovation before the auction, telling the crowd it “puts The Block to shame”.

CoreLogic records show the property last changed hands in September 2015 for $1.74 million.

A permit for a $49,000 extension and alteration was granted in February.

Selling agent Rebecca Towns of Brad Teal, Essendon, had been quoting $2.5-$2.65 million for the four-bedroom abode, which Heppell named Albertus after his grandfather.

Ms Towns said pre-auction interest in the house had largely come from families, as it was close to schools including Penleigh and Essendon Grammar, Lowther Hall Anglican Grammar and St. Columba’s College.

Ms Towns said Heppell kept the home’s period facade and four front rooms intact and added an extension with an open plan living, dining and kitchen area featuring soaring ceilings, polished concrete floors and glass stacker doors offering views of the pool and garden.

It was one of 1201 homes scheduled to go under the hammer this week — the second last of the bumper spring selling season.

The Real Estate Institute of Victoria expects auction numbers to rise to 1430 as the season comes to a close next week, with strong weeks of 1240 and 1290 to follow for the first two weeks of summer.

Among yesterday’s strongest results was the $3.75 million sale of a Victorian home in need of renovation at 22 Chrystobel Cres, Hawthorn.

Advantage Property Consulting director Frank Valentic said the 1888 house, on a substantial 830sq m block, flew $450,000 over reserve.

Mr Valentic said it took Marshall White auctioneer James Tostevin about 40 minutes to knock the house down, as bids from five to six bidders continued to flood in.

The property, located in the coveted Grace Park Estate, earned the big price despite having the downsides of being south-facing and on a slope, he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dyson-heppel-bombs-out-at-auction-of-moonee-ponds-house-he-spent-banned-year-renovating/news-story/66d0a16670a656ec98653bb8b25ebdae?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=HaraldSun&utm_medium=Facebook

Wish I could ‘bomb out’ and sell my house for 2.65Million.

Moonee ponds EXODUS

Thinking of real estate in Essendon makes me think back to the late 90s when my aunt had her Essendon house renovated and the young apprentice fell through the ceiling. For quite a few years after that every time I would point out a certain left footed centre half forward and ask my young daughter who it was her reply was “the guy who fell through the roof.”

I’ve put 3 places up for auction, never had a genuine bid and sold them all much later.

If you sell straight after auction, you haven’t bombed out.

Doises noice proice