#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

hepp

1 Like

Never mentioned his beard champ.
I’n saying that Joe’s mo’s got to go!!

Isn’t the mo for charity?

Hope so. Long charity run if it is.

gotta love that. Poor fashion all in the name of charity. You never heard Matthew Lloyd say “I’m going to remain perfectly groomed for charity”…

Champ…cheers I go ok at cricket

Good hairstyle, bad hairstyle. Not really the problem. Good player, great player on his day but I still don’t rate him as a captain. Seemed like he got the gig for being a nice bloke when Jobe got the ban. Might even be affected by the pressure, who knows?

Don’t rate Heppell because Campbell had to apologise for his tweet?

Even though after reflecting on the tweet and the game Heppell actually agreed with Campbell?

“Yes, we did let them down - I have no issue with Xavier’s tweet,” Heppell said.
“That’s the way it is and that’s how we feel as well. We definitely let ourselves down, let our fans down and let the club down.”

Heppell publicly disagreed with the CEO and the coach in 2017 in separate occasions. Oh he walked that back? Great. He still put it out there.

1 Like

Now there’s a captain

So does that make him a weak captain, or a strong one?
I suppose whichever fits the narrative.

I don’t think it makes him a weak or strong one, it shows that there is disunity in the club

I love Hep but in the modern game he is a HBF and would be a damn good one. As a mid he cannot run both ways, a defensive liability but as a defender he can read the play beautifuly and is a great mark for his size. Our midfield is so bad though it can’t afford to lose him. It might be time to play players in their best possie I think and fill the gaps with what we got.
At least then you know what you need to fix going forward.

2 Likes

So if he has a haircut and goes to the HBF, who will be our senior midfielder who plays inside?

1 Like

The best half back flanker in this year’s draft

Does anyone think having such generational players as our last few captains influences what we expect of Dyson? Hird and Jobe were inspirational leaders, notably on the field, with brownlows to their name (get farked cotchin/mitchell) and some breath-taking anzac day moments to boot.

Hepp seems a good communicator, a bridge between the returning ASADA players and the youth of the next brigade. What he brings as a captain may not always be reflected in his performance but if it is, should we expect less than game-saving goals against WCE? This is not to say I don’t believe he needs to improve, he has some noticeable deficiencies of late but I’m sure as a peer-elected leader there are qualities he is chosen for that is unbeknown to us being outside of the inner sanctum

I’ll back him in, whether he ties his hair up in pigtails or military cut.

farkcarlton, farkport and farkeagles.

2 Likes

That’s the problem. We have no one near good enough. I fell for the Stringer inside bull stuff pre season I’ll admit. He will take time at best.

1 Like

The issue I have is, he is not an inside mid and he is not a winger. We are playing him in the wrong positions

He often lets the opposition mids, walk it out of the center - as his does not have a quick side-step or a quick 3-4 step, hold the ball in or quick acceleration to stop the opposition midfielders. His does not have control over his short release kicks (15-25 meter) and his hand balling is not sharp enough.

I think he needs to go back to the HFF (when he won the RS) - one of his best strengths is his football IQ and ability to read to the ball in the air. Marking overhead, with the 2/3 of the field ahead and the ability to kick down the line or switch across the field (focusing on 35-40 meter kicks)

When he is marking above his ahead and releasing the kick, he does it with confidence and confidence improves his field kicking. He covers great distance each game, so give him the freedom to read the ball coming into the backline and get to the contest.

I also don’t think he is the right person to be captain (and he probably would be fine with a strong leadership team around him) - but our team is devoid of on-field leadership. So we require the captain, to be strong vocally and physically on field, which is not his character.

That is not a knock on him, but the way he presents to the cameras off-field and on-field towards the players is similar. That is fine, that is his personality - I think he would be a great VC playing off HFF.

1 Like

heart of a lion and gets contest to contest but ■■■■■■■ hell is he slow and gets caught and dishes off terrible disposals so many times a game

Perception vs Reality:

6 Likes