#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Hurley is built like a HB pencil these days. He’d snap in two.
Sickens me when I compare the player we had in his first few years to what I see today.

2 Likes

Yep I remember saying he might kill someone with his attack on the ball! So far from that now…just a different player. Being played as a distributor currently and his distribution is ■■■■■! Oh boy!
Hope he doesnt have to wait till another pre-season to rebuild his aggression, confidence, sure handedness and kicking (and wrists or whatever else is wrong with his body)

It’s not about being like the 2000 side in terms of wins etc. it’s about having that mentality that you are not going to let anyone dominate you.

He likes the look, lots on here don’t like the look.
In any event, we have many more problems than Heppell’s hair and beard.

1 Like

Well we can’t play too many kids at once. We already have McKenna and McNeice in remember.

1 Like

Why not, they couldn’t play very much worse.

Sorry, that was in sarcastica font. Based on worsfold’s presser a week or two back when he said we’re already playing youngsters like McKenna and McNeice

very first sign of trouble? have you been awake the past 15 years? Theres been 15 years of utter tripe and supporters are rightfully sick of it.

2 Likes

Hurls had 1 also, Goddard none. These three are leaders of the team.

I have been awake, thanks for your concern.

As to supporters being rightfully sick of it, that’s a matter of opinion. I draw a line at the end of 2015. I enjoyed 2016, I enjoyed last year. I enjoyed the two wins we had this year.

Sure there are issues to be sorted and I’m happy to support the team through those issues. Our ‘supporters’ can be a bunch of sookie la las at times and IMO they need to harden the ■■■■ up. Having said that it may just be the blitz mob mentality cause most supporters I speak to seem to understand there are things to be worked through.

4 Likes

Did you enjoy 2006? How about the Knights era? Oh, and the Hird days, were they pleasant times?

I actually did enjoy some of the Hird days very much. I also loved 1984 1985 1993 1999 2000 2001 … I get it’s been a long time since we’ve seen success… but I also get that there have been extenuating circumstances.

It’s called being rational and reasoned.

Try it.

2 Likes

Haircut

Haircut

Haircut

Come on Dyson new era, turn the page, back on track, get a ■■■■■■■ haircut

4 Likes

I said the last 15 years. Of course someone would enjoy the period when we were successful

Yes I know what you said, but it doesn’t work like that. There are ups and downs, swings and roundabouts… I feel like we were in the cusp of success under Hirdy, and I also feel that what happened under Hirdy set us back 5 years. Yes I know that sounds contradictory, but both statements in isolation are true.

I get that people are upset, their expectations were high this year, perhaps they shouldn’t have been.

Personally, I’ve seen better, I’ve seen worse, and I have confidence this group can improve quickly. That’s enough for now.

2 Likes

2012 was fun for a half and 2013 felt like I was someone with a terminal ilness, just waiting for the inevitable.

Swings and roundabouts yes, but the fleeting moments of hope have all bit been snuffed out by tsunamis of mediocrity, and ultimately becoming more cynical everytime the hope was extinguised.

Hey maybe you found some enjoyment in it all, bit for a 24 year old I really question what the club stands for, all I’ve experienced is misguided hope and disappointment.

Yeah I get that. But perhaps some perspective is in order. We were good at times under Hirdy, bordering on great. Circumstances stole what could have been. It has to be taken into account.

1 Like

You two are taking the discussion away from the serious topic.

HAIRCUT!

3 Likes

The dreadlocks can go too

Happy Birthday Dys.

Hang in there kiddo, it’s always darkest before the dawn:

6 Likes