#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

solid case…

How many mids will be picked? I’m guessing 8-9.
I’d have Mitchell, Oliver, Cripps, Higgins and Macrae clearly ahead. Then you have the next tier that will be subjective. Even my choices are subjective.
I think he’ll go close and media support probably gets him over the line.

1 Like

You also get the ones who don’t have great seasons but get in on reputation: Martin, Dangerfield, Selwood etc.

Dyson must have been pretty good in the last couple of weeks. No one is insisting that he cut his hair and tidying himself up any more.

1 Like

I’m constantly saying that.

I said it in the game day thread.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about you. Doesn’t matter. You’r a twat! :wink:

1 Like

Heppell is THE barometer of the teams fortunes. He, more than any other player can drag this team over the line. I’d expect for his 150th that he’ll be supercharged to put in a big one and attack the contest with ferocious intent. I’m visualising a similar type game to round 1, 2017 against the Hawks from the captain.

2 Likes

wtf?

1 Like

I remember the end of 2010. Hirdy announced coach, getting a kid called Heppell in the draft. Didn’t really know what to expect.

Played every game in his first season. Won the rising star.

Hasn’t looked back since.

Congrats on 150 Dys.

The best is yet to come.

9 Likes

Has anyone ever seen his ears?

great game so far tonight Hep

kept us in touch in that first quarter.

You replied to me his decision making is good yet he’s kicking is poor. Unless he improves his kicking his good decisioning can only be if he kicks to a long 50/50 or long down the line.

2 Likes

who else other than jobe has gone from a ■■■■ kick to ok?

1 Like

It’s his decision making, he needs to realise that he is an average kick and pick his targets accordingly.

Or he needs to spend the off season seriously addressing his kicking.

2 Likes

Thought he worked really hard tonight, watching him from up high he so often had to cover for his fellow mids non existent defensive running

He needs to fix up his kicking, but the effort is definitely there.

I have been a massive critic of him this season, but he has turned things around big time. Happy to have this guy as captain

5 Likes

Lol everyone goes backwards at windy hill/ Tullamarine. I’ll keep thinking but at this stage I can’t think of anyone.

It has to be the primary focus over the offseason or we have to change our game to reduce the turnovers that lead to goals. All year our kicking has caused a 4+ goal swing.

He always tries, even when he’s getting belted. The guy has immense inner strenght, unfortunately, he just doesn’t hurt sides enough.

I would love for him to go back to playing HBF. He still has the ability to mop up and dish off as he’s very composed and a great mark.

We are basically using him as a midfield battering ram. It’s just not effective for his skill set.

1 Like

So no-one ever notices the kicks he hits sharply to leading player, but you get pages about the one or two bad turnovers he made.

Heppell’s kicking is hardly perfect, but it’s become such an overblown issue. You see players shank kicks every week. Devon Smith has as many poor kicks as Heppell but no-one says a word about it

3 Likes

devon smith has a haircut you could set a watch to.

1 Like