#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Anyone who needs surgery get it done.

4 Likes

I know he is injured but he has been woeful this year.

He and Merrett are players who may show some form of leadership but they aren’t the two guys you want representing your club as Captain and Vice Captain.

3 Likes

Heppell was very good until injury got hold of him

4 Likes

Any reason why Shiel was addressing the playing group before woosh during the game???

1 Like

No he hasn’t. I know we just got spanked but don’t sprout crap. He was good until the injury.

2 Likes

Least inspirational captain in the afl.

3 Likes

Agreed. Probably top 2 until the injury.

1 Like

Was he joking with Myers after the game?

Book the surgeon

1 Like

Yep I agree. There is zero point trying to drag this out now. Get him in for surgery ASAP so he’s right to have his first pre-season in years

1 Like

I really grew in respect for him tonight. He is clearly injured, but he was cracking in all game, working really hard to give an option. Left everything out on the field.Never gave up at any stage imo

Well done Hep

2 Likes

I know people are disappointed with everything about the club right now, but until Heppell got injured, he was definitely leading by example. A bit disrespectful to think otherwise. Rest him for 2020 now. Too bad we will probably start 2 and 6 again…

He has led us to horrible performances almost each week.
I’m not denying he does courageous things and plays well occasionally, but he has barely scraped our team into any sort of decent on the field team.
It’s not just the coaches job to have you up and running 1st quarter 1st bounce. The captain is almost as important, and he is easily the most uninspiring captain in the competition

1 Like

Sadly there is a lot about us that is mediocre. And so am I after that performance.

The fact that the group walk away from his pre-bounce talks laughing as opposed to looking fired up should tell you everything you need to know about his leadership.

He might be a good leader behind closed doors but he is not someone who should be representing the club or the person you should have driving the standards on-field.

Leadership group - yes. Club captain - no.

Get a grip. At pre-bounce huddles now ALL THE TEAMS tell jokes now. They have been saying that in almost every game shown on TV and yet you still come in here and have a go at him about it.

Why don’t you start a thread that attacks all the captains for doing it instead of just having a go at ours. Not “inspirational enough” despite playing through a injury that should have seen him not playing and having surgery.

I don’t care people don’t want him as captain but i am sick to death of people ONLY coming in here after a loss to lay into him about being captain. Never bother turning up after wins, never bother saying how inspirational he was after we win games. Just have a cheap shot after a loss.

4 Likes

The reason most people don’t say anything after a win is because the happy clappers such as yourself instantly dismiss anything critical of him under any circumstances and are too busy pulling one another off about winning against a mediocre or poor side to fathom that your golden child might be part of the problem within the club and not the solution. If the captain of the football club can’t come under scrutiny after a 104 point loss, when can he be?

Shaka’s, “Yeah, Nah’s”, Insta and Dreads will only get you so far.

You are right, he probably shouldn’t be playing. So make the call and put yourself into surgery NOW opposed to playing the last few games injured when we are going to miss finals regardless and ensure you are fit for next season. That is what I would call leadership.

1 Like

Can’t kick for ■■■■ and doesn’t have a defensive bone in his body.

People have a crack at Zaka for. It doing enough defensively yet Heppell continually just trails 20 meters off his opponent without putting in any effort at all to chase.

His pressure acts and tackles are extremely low for somebody who plays predominantly inside the contest and not leading by example.

What a load of crap (Black Kav).

He can come under scrutiny for playing poorly, that’s fine, questioning his captaincy is just childish posturing by someone who NEVER writes a positive thing about a single player at this club ever.

Oh and YOU NEVER post after a win ever.

Being critical after a loss is understandable, even expected and warranted especially after last night. But how you do it counts as much as why you do it. You are not being critical of his game you are just throwing shade because you are angry and it is childish.

And that’s fair. His kicking isn’t his weapon but his foot injuries have made it worse (actually they probably explain why his kicking has never been great). Last night he was working as hard as he could but I don’t think he could run at all well. He should never have been picked and should really be having surgery. But because we are playing in the 8 and pushing to finish there the club wants to keep him going, same issue with Raz too.

If we were not in the 8 I reckon both these guys would not be playing.