#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

FFS don’t take a stand and then apologise, it looks even worse now.

I think Campbell is a great guy and seems well liked by the whole organisation, but he is as weak as p1ss

3 Likes

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

and then apologise and take it back the next day

6 Likes

One of the main things I have noticed about Heppell this year is that he isn’t moving through the stoppages as well as he has been. At his best he hits the stoppages at real pace and grabs the ball cleanly out of the packs before distributing. He looks to be a lot more stationery this year, and I think that is really hurting our team clearances. Whether its just a form thing or a team set-up thing (or opposition have figured him out and block his run) I’m not sure, but its something that I think needs to be addressed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The club is called into question about how mentally fragile it is. Then proves how mentally fragile it is by having the CEO apologise to the players for a tweet which is a fair and moderate opinion.

This is beyond pathetic.

10 Likes

Players and coaches should catch up this week perhaps?

5 Likes

And this club will go places I’m told.

1 Like

It’s time to name who these players are. And pss them off from the club. We don’t need this sensitive bullsht at the club.

2 Likes

Some players need to know that a ceo manages the daily running of a company and that everyone is the ceo’s minion.

Which ever players have expressed disappointment over Xavier Campbell’s tweet. We now know who the cancer is. Delist them asap.

Maybe the HS assumed offence was taken because an apology was given. Then again, why was an apology given?

Selfish footy could mean any number of things and that is not enough of an explanation, what the hell does that mean?
Or maybe, he simply didn’t want to name players, understandable and hoped they would get the message. They may not, just as many of us do not.

We are the joke that keeps on giving

It’s like a car crash I can’t look away from

5 Likes

I’m sure he didn’t want to elaborate publicly.

I’m just as sure there was great detail privately.

1 Like

Not a single word of exaggeration about how I feel in the following statement; this weekend’s game is about as disinterested in football I’ve been in the last ten years. Feels like we’re going no where at just about every level.

4 Likes

The expectation of some that we should be made privy to all the inner details is pretty amusing.

I’ve long had friendly debate with a mate of mine about the culture of entitlement at a number of the larger clubs in the comp, ours being one of them. And for a long time, I’ve told him it was garbage… I’m beginning to see what he means, if only as a picture of the supporter base.

2 Likes

Seriously?
I swear, there is no club with more self-entitled whinging supporters than ours.

1 Like

Lolz … could very well be true… there’s also few with our passion and commitment. One probably begets the other tbh but it’s a chicken and egg argument as to which one :slight_smile:

I find that interesting - for me, the game against Sydney was the most emotionally attached I’ve felt to a footy game, or a result, since the news of the saga hit. Which made the loss hurt more than anything I’ve felt recently (footy related). BUT - I am, in some strange way, happy about being angry about footy again.

The other interesting thing about your statement is that if you’re disinterested in football - I wonder if any of the players feel the same way? And if that’s the case, are we going to have to put up with Tomic-like performances?

Since joining this forum I’m beggining to appreciate this…

1 Like

Ha. I like it.

I think the cumulative fortnight of that loss against Sydney, the way we didn’t come out breathing fire the week after, and the tepid response form the club following that has me tapped out.

3 Likes