#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Best ■■■■■■■ captain we’ve had all year!!

1 Like

You know, sometimes, you might just be wrong

1 Like

Well, westozziebomber, in the 80s when i was mayor of who cares we had real men in our midfield, and not teary redheads.

5 Likes

Hell I am often wrong and admit it; it is about my only redeeming feature.

And if he did mostly play mid-field in 2014 then I am wrong.

He’s been good. Not brilliant. Not Bad. But Good.

One thing that I have noticed this year compared to previous years is he is setting up more plays rather than mopping up plays. That’s a good thing.

4 Likes

Yep, exactly. I think he sees it as his role as captain to set up plays and generate drive - to push the game plan, so to speak.

I agree with most the sane people here, his form is nowhere near 2014 in where he was clearly playing midfield. 2014 he was a legit gun and probably in the best 7-10 midfielders in the comp, this year he’d be lucky to crack the top 30. He’s been solid, with occasional brilliance, but faded badly in games and has had a lot of up and down quarters. I’m hoping he returns to top form next year, our below par midfield needs him.

t thought last week in the last term there were signs that he was trying to impose himself through sheer willpower. Today it was definitely there. He’s not in great “form” but he stood up and was counted today. A positive on a very very frustrating day.

Hopefully it grows into legit good form, though i have a feeling he needs another preseason.

4 Likes

Heppell was great today. You are right- he willed himself to make an impact

2 Likes

Was easily the best player today imo. His marking was sensational today, took some very courageous marks and kicked a nice goal from just outside 50 when no one else could kick straight

2 Likes

Best game for the year? Be close. He really stood up.

1 Like

Looks like he can replicate the Hawthorn game. Legend! Exactly what we needed!

I think it was pretty clear about halfway through this season (not that it’s finished yet) that he was going to need the end of this year and another preseason to really get up to speed.

Having said that I still think some people have been too harsh on him. He has had some good cameos but unfortunately that has been it for many games.

Dys obviously took on board Blitz’s feedback. Played a great Captains game.

God, I hope no players read this board.

4 Likes

Great game, took a lot of really good marks today too.

1 Like

Loved the marks in front of packs today.

2 Likes

2nd best behind Tippa.

Thought he played his best game as Captain today. His influence in the last quarter was enormous.

9 Likes

Played a real captains game and stood up when the game was on the line

1 Like