#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Yes.

It’d be experimental for Doice, anyway. It’s called a Number 1 or a Crew Cut.

Perhaps he could use his undoubted P.R. skills to explain he’s doing public penance on behalf of the whole team for letting the fans down so badly.

■■■■■■ Rance… Overrated.

Ahhh, I see. Touchy about people commenting on your appearance. Fair enough.

1 Like

Cmon mate you’re better thsn that. Your earlier comment was really a cheap shot at kingbeano.

It was.
Not that cheap, but cheap.
I figured when someone begins using someone’s appearance as a reason for their playing performance as a few are doing in here, the general level of etiquette has fallen pretty far. What the actual fark does it matter what Hepp’s hair looks like? Are we farking barbarian throwbacks now? Is it ok to ridicule someone based on their hair, and then get all cut-up when someone takes you to task on it? Oh - we lost, that’s right. So anything goes. So long as it’s not ‘real’ people getting derided, we’re all good.

6 Likes

Fair enough but he was one of the few to actually qualify his comment. So why not just make a general comment instead of attacking him specifically. I think his response was a bit out of line too - there’s posters I don’t like on this forum but I hope I never launch into a diatribe about them.

Voice of reason.
Fair enough.

3 Likes

Yep,
Cotchin copped the same criticism, and he changed his game.

1 Like

Perfect skipper, perfect hairstyle, perfect performance.
For Essington.

1 Like

His hair doesn’t mean anything, stop being silly.

I’m not even sure there is a problem with his captaincy.

I’d like to see him play better footy, though. Certainly need more from him next year.

7 Likes

“I couldn’t be prouder of what we’ve achieved this year, we’ll take great learnings from that.” - please Dyson, spare us the bullshit. You are like a broken record and wouldn’t inspire me as a team mate.

What I’d like to hear you say is:

“We were poor. It’s not good enough. We don’t accept scraping into the finals as a pass mark. To the fans, I’m sorry you had to experience that. You have every right to be upset, We need to get a lot better and have a good hard look at ourselves.”

12 Likes

It was only as cheap as his shot on the captain of his footy club.

3 Likes

His hair is pretty ordinary in a vanity sense but fark me how if affects his leadership or game I don’t know.

1 Like

People are understandably irate after yesterday’s flogging. Unfortunately Dyson had a game he’d rather forget. Was pantsed by Kennedy.
I too have been critical of Dysons lack quality disposals and he has been part of a midfield unit that has problems with winning centre breaks and defensive work.
Having said that I do believe he is a good player with aspects he needs to work on. I also believe he is a good captain and a great club representative.
I think people (myself included) need to chill a little before posting.

Dyson has had an up and down year. As did every single returning player. His best games this year were very very good, did big things in big moments and played to his strengths.

He’s never been a complete player, he’s slow and his kicking is poor but he is very good at finding it, very good below his knees and surprisingly good in the air for someone who isn’t especially explosive.

He’ll find more consistency next year and I think his lack of pace will not be as galling when not surrounded by a couple of other guys who are equally slow. Our midfield will look very different next year.

I don’t like the idea of moving him back to half back because his pace will be exposed there and his kicking will not facilitate our desired style.

He stays at the coal face winning the pill and providing a midfield aerial option. The consistency will return.

4 Likes

I understand everyone is still reeling from yesterday’s loss to Sydney and disappointed but; please, let’s not take our stuff out on the players. They’ll be feeling it too on a more personal level.

Changes will be made, people will go and come and EFC will go on and so will we.

6 Likes

This.

1 Like

This He was at his best playing as a half back that drifted into the midfield setting up play.

With Kelly gone, we can push him there and then let him drop into the middle ala the Hodge role.

He struggled with various elements this year and to expect him to dominate straight away was only due to the fact that he set the bar so high prior to the ban.

People forget the likes of Cotchin, Murphy and even Jobe has questionable middle-early parts of their careers before they went to the next level.

Give him a pre-season and another year of working with the team and we will be fine. He stays captain for the next 2 years, he is heads above anoybody else even Zack.

1 Like

Have you smelt someone with hair like that? 99/100 its rank

1 Like

Hard to wash.