#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

JarHeadBlitz.

1 Like

5 Likes

In breaking blitz news: balding, middle aged men get upset with young whipper snapper’s haircut.

6 Likes

Hmm really makes ya think

9 Likes

This thread has jumped all the sharks.

I’ve just come from a meeting with three of our company directors. One is mid thirties, successful lawyer and advocate for women’s rights. Looks like a punk rocker who needs a wash. The other is mid sixties, has a nanna perm and wears stretchy waist trousers with granny shirts. She is one of the most successful business women in Australia. The third is a retired gentlemen who looks like he stepped off the front cover of GQ.

They’re smart, switched on and as a group imcredibly impressive.

Sure, everyone is entitled to an opinion. What you’re not entitled to is respect for that opinion if it is factually incorrect or baseless.

I’ve met Dys a few times, he’s personable, approachable and articulate. Does he speak like me? No. But then one of our finest ever captains TD didnt either.

At the risk of repeating myself. This thread is a ■■■■■■■ disgrace.

25 Likes

Bang.

Ignoring the horseshit about his appearance, Dois has had a massively underrated year on here.

He’s been our jack of all trades, and by far our most well rounded midfielder. Not getting the pill as often as he did in 2014, but is more team oriented than ever. Just needs to nail a few more goals and he’ll be genuinely back in the game’s elite again.

3 Likes

I cannot believe there is discussion about his hair and potential impact on captaincy. FMD.

6 Likes

That’s an insightful and, i think, accurate comment. In general, i think people tend to assess the performance of captains according to a manner that supports their own biases - if you generally like the captain in question, you’ll assess his performance against criteria in which he’s excelled, and if you don’t like the captain in question, you’ll assess his performance against criteria where he’s potentially fallen short. I think that’s why captains tend to be quite polarising - the range of opinions out there on captains like Cotchin, Ablett Jr, Maxwell, Buckley, Heppell etc. varies widely as some critics place more weight on on-field performance whereas others attempt to assess the “behind closed doors” stuff.

Frankly, i don’t even know what “behind closed doors” stuff is fair to pin on a captain. A football club is a cast of thousands with armies of well-paid administrators and football staff, so i find it pretty rich when talking heads get their rocks off throwing daggers at a captain for some off-field problems which said captain likely had nothing to do with.

See that full-pace movement running through the centre-bounce against Geelong in that footage? That is what he hasn’t been doing this season - it was almost a unique trait of his in 2014.

What a bunch of louts. Never amount to anything. Would it kill them to have responsible haircuts? It’s all about perception.

7 Likes

I never judge a leader by their looks.

Except for Trump and his fake hair, fake tan and tiny tiny hands. God those hands are tiny.

3 Likes

I realise that this is a serious discussion…but the way the 3rd & 4th sentences lined up…the odds…impressive.

1 Like

I had more of a problem with him smiling when he led the boys out in to the field for the game against Sydney than with his hair

Did I seriously see that there was 60+ new comments in this thread, all are discussing Hepp’s hairstyle ad nauseam?

Farkin’ hell.

I know it’s the off-season guys but it literally only started 3 days ago for us!

Oh FFS that’s been a theme of youth since time began. Every generation thinks they have a mortgage on rebellion.
Do you think this is something new?

Every generation tells the older generation they “don’t understand man!”

Ask a 25 year old if they think they are relevant to modern culture. They probably think they are modern culture.
Then ask a 14 year old if a 25 year old is relevant to modern culture.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ had long hair & wore sandals

Adolf Hitler had short hair & wore a suit

Just sayin …

2 Likes

And what do the directors of Essendon wear?

Same olds.