#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Great stats… thanks. Heat Map shows exactly what you said… both had around 300 disposals but Fanta very heavily concentrated at CHF but Walla more middle square.

Thanks! Either way… reckon we agree that we have got some really exciting times ahead with all these guys rotating through the middle!!

2 Likes

I think with the addition of both Smith and Stringer we should see both Walla and fantasia forward longer.

In particular Walla who can put considerable pressure on the opposition when we have it in our forwardline and try and lock it in there more often.

We are building high end quality all across the ground now so there should be no more excuses.

3 Likes

Totally agree…but I think some on this thread don’t get how lucky we have been to be able to be in a position to replace someone as legendary as Jobe with a bloke who also bleeds red and black, is loved by his team-mates and is already on his way to becoming a legendary leader at the club.
Even though 2017 wasn’t his best season personally, his massive influence on the team as a whole just cannot be underestimated. A fully fit Heppell next year should be truly epic!y

1 Like

Damn I thought I was in the Langford thread till that last sentence…

2 Likes
8 Likes

My commiserations Hepp… sometimes life throws its worst at you. Just gotta keep your chin up mate and find a way through.

They only live 15 years or so.

3 Likes

That is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen.
They look very happy.

Not captain material.
Laughs funny.

Weird that people post stuff publicly like this, still cant quite get that. Hepp is clearly not happy but has been set up. its just awkward. and private. i’m an old party pooper right?

1 Like

The worst thing about that is the missing apostrophe.

Would love to see Heppell develop a fierce attack on the ball. Not saying he’s soft or doesn’t go when he has to, I’m saying he needs to develop that fanaticism at the contest, even if it doesn’t come naturally, to take his game & leadership to a new level.

I look at the way Cotchin has introduced this to his game the past 18 months, his input has lifted, his teammates around have lifted and his possessions mean a lot more. Remember the criticism a few years ago getting cheap possessions in the back half? Not anymore, he’s winning it at the coal face and bringing his teammates with him.

Heppell needs to do this too IMO, if we can lift the pressure around the ball through relentless attack, we will be much tougher to play against and harder to score against while maintaining our quick ball movement.

It starts at the top with the captain IMO. Smith should bring it, Parish brings it, Stringer will bring it and Z Merrett brings it and if Heppell can develop it with a few others, we will be winning many more games than we lose.

19 Likes

I think if we get 2014 Heppell back, we’re laughing

1 Like

https://20four.com.au/athletes/dyson-heppell/44/post/4938

This made me chuckle. I’m a simple woman.

3 Likes

Players should be banned from throwing out any gang signs imo

TIL what a shaka is.

And I’m a simple, simple man.

1 Like

Please tell me you forgot the sarcastica font???

Well I don’t actually think they should be banned, I just find them cringe worthy

I think he was referring to the gang sign part.

1 Like