#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

we’ll never have one as long as we keep drafting these ‘come from a good family with leadership quality’ types.

Llyod would have belted a few ■■■■■ when merret got concused.

I’ll never forget that moment. fark we used to have some champs once.

hes a NICE captain of a NICE team

3 Likes

i saw a strong and angry Heppell in rd 1. He has since been missing. Get angry. Enough is enough. He needs to want it, not just to be liked. Do you think Luke Hodge or Joel Selwood care if people like them? The lead by example and get angry. FFS GET ANGRY and use the ball with purpose! Make the opposition fear us!

Needs a serious kick up the ■■■.

This bloke as captain and Myers and Joe in the leadership group is utterly mind boggling.

1 Like

Won’t be dropping another 2.5k in membership fees if this guy is still captain.

Get a haircut you ■■■■■■■

I’d tell him that he’s either the leader of the club or mates with David Evans. Pick one.

2 Likes

Leads on the field in terms of work rate - GPS leader each week.

I don’t mind his light heartedness off the field…for now. When we actually have a good enough list to challenge, I expect a more demanding nature, and I think it can still happen.

Least of our problems. Actually has a fkn crack and is not a pea heart like a good chunk of the side.

7 Likes

For a start he should shave off that damn hair and beard and start looking like a captain. If he wants to do the laid back surfie look then fine, but hand over the leadership role to someone that wants it. He’s the face of the club for goodness sake. Take the role seriously or quit the role.

2 Likes

Haircuts or whatever, I couldn’t care less. Let’s not forget TD was a knockabout country lad off the field too folks but captaincy wise, hard work, hunger, attitude and representing every man on the field - nobody tops him at the club in 40 years, maybe longer.

I don’t want to put a knock on Heppell but I’ve often felt that he’s just warming the seat for Zerrett who is unfortunately not quite ready for the mantle.

1 Like

See ya then. I hear North are looking for members.

Get a haircut … ffs …

8 Likes

I don’t understand the criticism on this bloke and the fact it’s gone personal.

Not blessed with the full kit but he tries his guts out and would be in the top 3 in the B&F voting.

He made one absolute clanger that lead to a goal but other than that was a solid game amongst a group of average performances.

3 Likes

I have criticisms but I would like to think they are realistic ones. I agree that they shouldn’t get personal.

Dyson is a good player and I think he is the right fit for captain. Pretty sure that is clear mind set of the playing group.

Criticism of Dyson from my point of view is along the lines that he is there to win the ball at stoppages and that hasn’t happened enough. He needs to win the ball to make himself a threat because at times he gets embarrassed by his inability to defend against (oftentimes) quicker opponents.

I have also felt that his foot skills have let him down.

The thing im most frustrated with him, is hes showign almost none of the abilities he showed signs of early on. remember how he’d side step til the early morning then hid a somewhat floaty but accurate kick? take 3-4 floating marks off hbf and move it on fast to overlap run?

now he seems sluggish, cannot create space for himself and seems to back his loopy floating hospital kicking over the overlap of players like conor/zaka/saad/mcgrath. now admittedly 2 of those are about the same level of kicking as hepp, but they move way faster so can potentially break the lines to get it off to someone else.

How many premiership captains have dreadlocks?

If you think he’s entitled to look like a wanker captaining our club when we haven’t won a final in 14 years then good luck to you.

He’s as responsible for the onfield lack of effort by the team as the coach is.

4 Likes

If you want to criticize aspect of his playing (as I have done) or even his leadership skills, go ahead. Absolutely your right as a fan.

But I reckon we need to keep to that and leave off from getting too personal.

1 Like

I don’t think the dreadlocks hold him back, just quietly.

3 Likes

Don’t be a farking peanut. His hair is of no concern to his playing ability, training or captaincy.

7 Likes