#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Can we start a thread for ‘scruffy champions of the game’?

Imagine if he had tatts as well!

3 Likes

You would hope there is a fair bit of separation from media Dyson and internal Dyson. He’s never going to come out and slam the team super hard because it just ain’t worth the headlines, however behind closed doors you’d hope that the entire club has grilled each other top to bottom no status getting in the way after last week to ensure that last wknd doesn’t happen again. Dys had a poor game last week too, even after holding the team up for two to three minutes after half time before leaving the ground but he wasn’t alone. Sometimes you just have to tow the media line. Let’s be honest, talk is cheap. Let’s see how our team backs it up this weekend on the track. From all reports he is a great leader so I’ll back him in at this time and have faith that we can improve on last two weeks efforts

I don’t really understand the whole ‘He’s slow, he doesn’t have a defensive game, his disposal has gone to Poo, so send him to half back’ idea. Wouldn’t those issues be a similar liability there?

Yes, he won the rising star at half back, but he won AA and a B&F as an inside mid, and he actually only played half back for one and half seasons.

Although I reckon he moved better in traffic back then, and was able to sidestep his way into more space, which meant his disposal was more effective.

I think he’s in the right spot, he just needs to play better.

3 Likes

Your an accountant right?

Been plenty of bad mullets over the years. Please.

So what happens if he gets short back and sides, is clean shaven and his playing/captaining ability stays the same…
What do we wring our hands at then…?

Sounds like someone here needs a hug

3 Likes

In an Iron Maiden.

2 Likes

Belly should also stop wearing orange pants, sends the wrong message, At least he shaved his head, I suppose It sends the correct message that he is a tough c@nt with eclectic fashion sense.

We could build a team around that.

1 Like

Dyson is certainly not Captain Cuddly inside the four walls of the club. If you need a foot up the ■■■■ he will give it to you. The difference between Dyson and a lot of his critics on here is that Dys doesn’t slam his mates in public for a few hero points. There is a time and place for everything.

15 Likes

Arent you a happy little vegemite.

Just because he aint slamming his team mates in public doesn’t mean he is not a good captain

1 Like

Certainly turned Daisy Thomas’s career around when he cut his hair.

What a fking joke this thread has become.

10 Likes

Cut your damn hair and spend the next week and bit at kicking practice. 30 odd % efficiency is a team killer no matter how many times you get the pill.

Could you picture his champion data ranking and SC average if he was at least 50% accurate?

Called him a Brownlow smokey and sticking to it. Just keeps running does Doris. Captainesque workrate, think he might need glasses though

Tries his ■■■■ off but his disposal by foot is alarming. That was div 5 country standard today. A huge concern that our leaders are the ones who cough it up the most

4 Likes

A lot of his turnovers were when he was under minimal pressure too which is alarming to me.

3 Likes

Same with zaka and bj. Quite easy disposals that are travesties. Hurley too was struggling to hit targets on the switch on the full.