#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

1 tackle Darli!!! Maybe you are the one watching a different game?

5 Likes

But not surprising

1 Like

Hep one of our best all year?!?!?

Would love to hear your explanation

Heppel, Zaka, Smith would be our best this season. Most players are having shockers.

1 Like

Out of that list only Smith has been our best

The other 2 have been awful

They have been better than Myers, lav, Tippa, joe etc, etc.

It’s pretty easy to be top 5 in the bnf, becuase our team has been horrid.

I would be shocked if Zaka and Heppel were not top 5 currently.

Stewart, McKenna & Green not too far behind.

2 Likes

That’s indicative of where we are at.

2 blokes who’ve missed chunks of the season are in calculations of being our best.

Don’t disagree with your assessment either.

Hey lay off conor maaaaan

I think the injuries might cost Green the b&f this year

Still a long way to go for others to redeem themselves, though.
Bring Clarke in ffs

1 Like

I’m still not confident the right players will be dropped.

I can see a token Mutch/Laverde sort of omission

1 Like

Stewart, McKenna would be top 5 for sure

Leave aside the deplorable game plan, the bad game day coaching, the ■■■■ poor execution of skills.

Focus on the pea hearted way our team allowed themselves to be bullied by Carlton yesterday, how they rarely stand up for each other, and in quite a few instances even senior players are avoiding the contest, even running away from it.

Who excised the soul of our club?. Where is it? The leadership group itself ought to be the wellspring of heart and soul, effort and ready to place their body on the line by meeting force with force.

We play on Anzac Day every year, and it seems we learn nothing. How to lead, how to stand up for your brothers in arms. We are supposed to be a team. We need a big clean out, but there are not enough players in the VFL team to replace the ones that need to be dropped.

I’ve no problem with legitimate, informed criticism. It’s in short supply around here. It’s not our players who are ‘pea hearted’. It’s the so called supporters that drop off at the very first sign of trouble.

7 Likes

Supporters can only take so much

And yes a lot of our players are pea hearted. If you don’t like it don’t go on blitz

3 Likes

I don’t disagree re the pea hearted players. Some could try harder though.

However, given the last 15 years and the whole saga fiasco, our criticism of the club is not something that is the result of the first time of trouble. Seriously, we have supported them through a lot.

7 Likes

Yep we have. And so we should. They’re doing it tough at the moment, I have no idea why. Now, more that never, every Essendon player that pulls on the jumper has my support every game.

3 Likes

17 Likes

They’re doing it tough? Good money, great facilities,getting pampered, playing the game they love…poor sods

1 Like