#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

I don’t doubt he will poll well. The majority of his criticisms surround his disposal which I don’t think umps factor into consideration too much when doing Brownlow votes. Wouldn’t be shocked at all if he came top 5…

Not surprised at all if he gets a heap of votes as his last 2/3 of the year was immense! Plus his 1st third wasn’t as bad as most suggest…not like it says much but he was still one of our best at the start.

Very lucky to have Heppell at EFC. Would be a worthy premiership captain IMO.

5 nobby votes round 1
3 nobby votes round 2
1 nobby vote round 3
2 nobby votes round 4
1 nobby vote round 7
4 nobby votes round 9
5 nobby votes round 10

Etc.

Has had a super season. Very, very, very much underrated.

3 Likes

He was very good in the first month IMO. He was down (for his standards) in the second month, that we lost all 4. Then got injured in a game around the bye.

On Blitz that has suddenly stretched into him going missing the whole first half of the year. Would not be surprised if he wins the B&F.

2 Likes

He will win the Crichton with easy. Devon probs about 30 votes behind

I reckon he’ll win the Crichton easy also.

2 Likes

I don’t.

1 Like

He will ■■■■■ it in.

I’ll admit I questioned whether he was the right guy to lead the club. I didn’t attack him personally or about anything dumb like how he looks.

I just thought his 2017 was underwhelming and he was beaten by his direct opponent too often.

12mths later I am happy to say I was wrong.

Perhaps the injury he carried all last year was not insignificant because his on field performances this year were fantastic.

2 Likes

Dyson Heppell came third in last years Crichton (11 votes behind 1st and one behind 2nd) and polled 14 Brownlow votes (1 behind Zerrett)

His poor 2017 is a Blitz myth

2 Likes

he came higher than Zac last year in the crichton, even though Zac had a much much better year.

Hep will win the BnF, nothing surer.

Devon Smith should be the one who wins it though- he has been more consistent and was much better when we were awful.

2 Likes

His first few months of the year were poor, and his second half of of the year was excellent. I’m hoping he carries that form into the start of next year.

1 Like

Really?

I’d prefer his form to be excellent throughout the entire season.

2 Likes

For mine, he had easily been our best and most important player this year.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Agree 100% Smith should win it but Heppell will win it. There’s been years past where Heppell’s finished much higher than I anticipated which surprised me, it wont this year.

1 Like

I think Heppell will win it but only just. Smith will gain a lot of ground by polling votes in the games where we were diabolical.

I’d nearly bet that Heppell is in front after round 8

Just looked at Dyson’s insta story. He is happy he got Sam Mitchell’s autobiography for Christmas. He is dead to me.

4 Likes

Maybe planning on using it for toilet paper?

3 Likes