#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

“More than anything, it was really about showing him who we were as people,” Heppell said.

“And I think he really enjoyed that.
“Because what I found out really quickly that day was that he had already done all the research he needed on us.
“He knew all of our players and where he thought we sat. It was more about the connection between us.”

This is what makes him a good leader of people, rather than a good ‘manager’.

8 Likes

As per the Merrett thread - there is a lot to admire about what motivates these guys.

While a premiership will be fantastic as a fan, I know I want it more for the players who have gone through the saga.

6 Likes

What I got out of those few quotes is that Sheil is definitely one of us because he thinks Carlton are a pack of ■■■■■■ too. Hahaha

3 Likes

ByPeter Henning

Good for you Dyson.

I can’t and don’t think I will be able to do that.

“It would be amazing to repay that faith and experience some success and emotion together.”

Yes it would. Would go a long way to perhaps soothe some of the wounds gathered along the way.

1 Like

Looks like Dois is going to play the Goddard role; defensive midfielder?
If so, one thing we will not see is laser passes from half back into the corridor, but we may see more metres gained.
Although we had passed peak Goddard, his was a role which was part of the foundation for our “attack from half back” game plan.

It will be interesting to see how we change that up.

yeah i get that vibe too. Goddards kicking is better than Dois though. i cant see Dois doing having as many brainfades as BJ though…

… i still miss Brendon :frowning_face:

Where gas this Dys to play Goddard talk come from?

Did I miss something?

The JLT games

I wouldn’t be using that as an indicator.

We have had a bench of 8 players and heavy rotations. They have to go somewhere.

Not that I would be opposed to it.

1 Like

Dyson will on ball in the guts. There’s no doubt about it.

1 Like

Someone’s imagination and no.

2 Likes

I thought there must have been a Robbo article or something.

5 Likes

How is that man chief football writer of any newspaper?!

1 Like

Good question that.

Another gem from chris64.

3 Likes

I’m with you on this one.
He probably pinches himself and agrees with you too.

There’s an interview with Hepp on SEN from this morning on the Essendon website.

Wondered if Dois had escaped to New Zealand for a couple of days cos I came across this chair in a campground just west of Haast that I thought must be his!

5 Likes

I’m backing Hep in for a big year. JLT was just getting the legs some handy km’s on the outside. I got the feeling he’s had a couple of years leading and getting everyone on the same page and this is his year to return to being one of the best players in the comp. We saw instances last year where he found a way to get us over the line but this year it will be a regular occurrence. He’ll go to another level of not just putting his body on the line for our team but get further involved in chains that result in dangerous forward entries and goals.
I’m predicting high finishes in the end of year awards and into the top 15 players in the competition. He’s at the right age now to show his absolute best.

8 Likes