#21 Dyson "Go jam it” Heppell - 200th game this week (Part 1)

Ha. Here you go. Let’s hope it was a bit of subterfuge to keep the other team guessing rather than a team rotation thingy.

Another ■■■■ game and there’ll be more pressure on the skip to cut his hair.

Hopefully he puts in a big one.

We chopped one of his greatest mates, and playing like a busted ■■■■ without him.

I’d agree with that assessment. Big game for Hepp.

2 Likes

Mate - where players are listed has no bearing on anything. Also - being on the bench for the first 5 mins vs being on there for the next 5 minutes is much of a muchness and only relevant to a specific ‘play’, wouldn’t you think?

He is finding out very quickly that he gets a lot more hits talking about us, than talking about his pos team.

Particularly since the coaches don’t release starting positions on a Thursday - and never have.

But doesn’t stop Blitz going troppo every single week at it…

1 Like

I certainly think it does given the magnitude of the game and our poor start last week.

If we have another poor start and lose you can bet your bottom dollar that if Heppell does start on the bench all the ex-players etc in the media will be questioning it.

It’s all about setting the tone and leading by example when a team in short on confidence

Oh noez! the humanity!

I find it pretty weird that our captain had one touch in the opening quarter against the saints after our round 1 debacle. That is simply, not good enough

Il pay close attention to him tonight. He needs to stand up tonight, right fkn now we need a leader more than ever. Let’s see what your made of hep.

Truly believe tonight is a great test of his leadership. I expect our captain after a 0-2 start and all pressure on us, to lead from the front and by example. I’m not hoping for this, I expect it from Dyson tonight. Its what a good captain would do

3 Likes

Just remember he will be starting on the bench so give him time.

1 Like

After that he got 23 touches and 2 goals. I think playing him on the wing didn’t help his first QTR performance. Once they put him in the guts he was very good.

2 Likes

Correct.

However he could have got himself more involved instead of waiting until he was moved to his preferred position. That was the one thing James was good at doing, moving himself to have more impact on the game. Hepps actually does move himself at times, for example he will move himself into the backline when they are getting belted. He sometimes even moves himself into the middle.

In this past game he waited and stuck to what the coach called for.

If this happens again, I’m done with this team.

1 Like

It will happen and you will like it!

1 Like

They all look so ■■■■■■■ scared to get out of position don’t they? So much confusion. I think they’ll be better tonight though. It’s just wishful thinking but it’s better than being miserable.

1 Like

Maybe you’re right.
I hope Hepp starts in the middle. And decks someone.

That’s what I took away from the two games, they all look rather confused and uncertain and nobody is just saying no to that. But even if you are like that you can still impact a game forcefully, as Stringer showed, just will yourself in there and make a statement. Generally Hepps does ok with this but he isn’t overly that sort of player, he is more of a consistent worker than someone who imposes himself. And that can be okay for a captain, no issues with that at all, the problem with it atm is that the team is a little bereft and requires someone to stand up and lead the way.

We need Stringer, Shiel and Smith (without Joe and Hooker being there) to do this. And that’s the sad thing, none of the players we have directly drafted seem to be capable of doing that atm, it is being left to the new guys.

At the start of the 3rd vs GWS Stringer and Raz were on the bench

I swear Woosh is either a complete hack or is trying to sink the club.

1 Like

I agree. Hepp will stand up.